v17 BUG Every video stutters on external monitor
Hi!

Since the first beta of v17, the Kodi video player stutters during playback, no matter what kind of video I try to watch. I tried the troubleshooter about stuttering, but it had no effect. It stutters with SD video and HD videos all the same.

w7/i7/nvidia quadro 2000m

Could someone direct me where to look for a possible solution?

Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/n8LUw3pp
Playing hevc from your log "BDRip 1080p Ita Eng x265-NAHOM.mkv" is an issue with your graphic card, I did a quick comparison between my card and yours... http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php...770-1024mb and I've had to overclock to get rid of the issues you talk about. Some tweaking might bring satisfactory results with 720p, but for 1080p h265, you'll need more performance from your hardware.

Suggestion: an external player, if that plays satisfactorily, then you should be able to set-up to that level of performance with the player External players (wiki)

Suggestion: entertain a Linux variant, get an immediate boost in performance on everything.
Playback also stutters with older (non-HEVC) SD videos.
It also stutters with software rendering (without maxing out my CPU).
This file plays fine in Kodi v16.

I think there must be another reason, since there is no way the new videoplayer would use so much more resources, (and it doesn't max out the CPU, and the fans for the VGA is quiet, unlike in games).

Is there anything (trying different video files, using different settings) I can do to make this issue easier to troubleshoot?

It really seems to me this is some kind of synchronization issue. I found a video on youtube which demonstrates the problem I'm experiencing (although in my case the jumps seem less frequent): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptWROP1gxLg

And I have to emphasize that this bug is only in v17. I hadn't had any playback problems in v15 or v16 on this system.
Try VLC on the same video from the same location, plays smooth?
It plays smooth in MPC-HC (I don't have VLC installed currently, should I install it, and try the file in that too?). It also plays smooth in Kodi 16.1. Same file, same location.
I had a similar problem. Go to player settings and disable "Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2"

Sent from my iPhone
Do I need to restart Kodi after disabling DXVA (and every time after changing renderer settings)? I ask because I disabled it without restart (and tried out every combination of renderers and DXVA), which didn't do anything.
I don't think so. I also have it set to always adjust frame rate.

Sent from my iPhone
Then sadly toggling DXVA doesn't solve the problem, and changing the renderer also doesn't help.
Well, I'll tell you what I'm finally ended up doing...completely starting over with Kodi. I deleted all Kodi stuff and re installed. New library setups and everything. There is probably a way to fix it otherwise, but that's what i ended up with

Sent from my iPhone
I tried installing it from scratch (the current install is in portable mode, so that I could keep my configured and set-up v16.1). It must be a bug regarding win7, since I have a win10 tablet with much lower specs, and v17 doesn't have the same bug.
Did you also delete all the Kodi files left the computer? Not that I'd want anyone to have to start from scratch, but i ended up with more than just uninstalling.

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, renamed the kodi folder in Appdata.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG Every video stutters on external monitor0