Can't browse NFS from Kodi on windows
Hey Folks,

I'm trying to re-set up browsing my NFS share in Kodi on a new computer. But for some reason, I can't get it to work the same way I did on my old one (which has now been formatted, so I can't grab the settings).

I have a Freenas box which shares over NFS. I run windows 7 which can't mount NFS naively. But I did verify that the NFS from FREENAS is working correctly on this computer using a utility that can mount the volume as a mapped drive. (problem here is it doesn't mount on reboot, so I have to do it manually each time. On my old computer, Kodi just browsed the NFS share itself)

I'm Running Kodi 16.1, if i go to video> files> and browse to add a source, i double click on NFS, nothing happens, it doesn't find my server. I also tried manually inputting the NFS server into the config file for the sources, but it isn't allowed to see my content.

I have this working over SMB just fine. but scanning my library is PAINFULLY slow (previous computer took under a minute to scan everything, this one takes approx 5min, or longer).

Anyone able to get NFS to work correctly with Windows? I searched the forums, but the search doesn't allow a search with less than 4 characters 9so search for NFS isn't possible) I did search for NFS share, but only found stuff talkig about SMB, which I have working.

Any ideas?
Use google search with site:forum.kodi.tv for short word searches.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't browse NFS from Kodi on windows0