Mod [DESCONTINUED] Arctic: Zephyr - Advanced Launchers Support (v0.9.0 Beta)
(2017-01-26, 22:32)KODser Wrote: I will assume that you can't use this mode on the "Zephyr: From Ashes". The views and info pages are quite different.

Best regards

EDIT - Added a new section to show Work in Progress for next version

Thank you very much
(2017-01-27, 11:16)marcoooo Wrote: just a quick one it looks good from the picture's only 1 thing is not completly clear to me

does it support gameplay video's ?
Hi marcoooo, if you are talking about seeing the trailers or videos that you choose for the trailer on the Assets/artwork section, the MOD supports it. On MAME it will start when you open the info page, for the others it has a button. if you are not talking about this, it doesn't support it because the advanced launchers don't have that feature you want.
Nice work KODser!

You've taken this quite far, for a "beginner" Smile
(2017-01-28, 12:29)RazorFR Wrote: Nice work KODser!

You've taken this quite far, for a "beginner" Smile
Thanks RazorFR, your mod gave me the tools to do the first steps.
I had a lot of help on the skinning thread particularly from Rufoo. That's why I cold go this far.

Best regards
hi

i am trying another skin because i am klocked to kodi 16.1 (this will be used for game's only) i am using the titan skin

it already have the trailer start when the info screen come's up and the clear art log is being showed

but i want to place the cartridge image also in the info screen can you mayby point me in the right direction as i am not a skinner

i can edit xml file's like moving/resizing things and so on but no clue what in need to add to the dialogvideoinfo.xml
Hi @marcoooo first you need to know the infolabels that you can use. to know that you can see the code of the Debug view, that you can find HERE
you can find labels like ListItem.Art(cartridge), ListItem.Art(map) and so on. probably you need to create a custom window too, don't know if the skin that you are using has info page on programs.

Kodi wiki is a good place to start and see a lot of information, edit some stuff on your skin and see what it does. remove some blocks to see why they are needed. I learned that way. I'm not a skinner either.
If you need help with coding you can ask either in the Skinning forum or you can send me PMs. But most of the work need to be done by you. On the first few days you start slow, but with time you will learn a lot and will be easier.
Best regards
thnx so much

i did it the dirty way and editted the addon.xml from exectuable to video so that i can use the video info screen (will not use video in this one anyway Smile )

i will get playing around if i got stuck i will post it in the skinning part off the forum

thnx again

have a great day
Thnx for the push in the right direction

You're welcome. If you need anything you know where to find me. From now on is better if we talk via PM, because of the off topic.
PS - that cartridge is really pretty
Hey KODser--do you have a GitHub repo with the code for this skin? I'd love to start hacking on it; but, I don't have anywhere to submit patches. Smile
Hi nalthien, unfortunately I can't install the GitHub desktop environment, it's some proxy stuff that I wasn't able to fix, I tried to develop on the browser but it's a pain to do. however I can make upload of what I have to a GitHub repository. I will think about that.

I'm working on a general mod for arctic zephyr, not just to support advanced launchers. with that, the advanced launcher support will gain more views, flags, some fixes on the info page, YouTube videos, studio logo and controllers artwork on the platform info page (you have examples on the main post of what to expect)
Working with GitHub via the command line can be intimidating; but, it's absolutely worth it if you're willing to try. Having the code on GitHub makes it a lot easier for people to collaborate with you. Github itself has pretty good tutorials to get you started.

Mostly, I was hoping to add support for SNES box art since it's such an oddity compared to everything else fitting either the square CD style or the taller DVD/BR style.
I will add views to support SNES artwork. is there more special formats that need support?
I honestly don't know as I only have a few systems represented in my collection. SNES and N64 use a funky boxart aspect ratio; I *think* they are approximately the same. Aside from that, I know NES, Genesis, PSX, PS2 all look fine in the current setup.
Here they are. they will be available on the new MOD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DESCONTINUED] Arctic: Zephyr - Advanced Launchers Support (v0.9.0 Beta)0