multiple audio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
houghton19 Offline
Hi everyone, just wondering if something is possible please.

I have a PC with 2 DVI and HDMI, i am running my pc in one room with dual screen that is a dvi monitor and a hdmi tv on my desk and using the on board sound card over a 3.5mm jack for my sound and all working great.

would it be possible to ude the other dvi port to a DVI>HDMI cable to my main tv and use a S/PDIF to my amp as I have no HDMI ports left via my amp.

do i have to change sound each time or could i have it to auto use S/PDIF when on livingroom tv?

hope this makes sence.

thanks
find quote
nickr Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Yes you can do this. There are some addons floating around to make it easy to change audio settings via one remote press. If I can find the threads I'll post them here.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
find quote
Prof Yaffle Offline
Team-Kodi Mumbler
Location: An increasingly isolated island off the north-west European coast.
I suspect that this is the main addon you need to look at:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081

I'm still running Jarvis, but it seems to still work on Krypton. Works well for me to switch between HDMI (TV) and S/PDIF-TOSLINK (amp).

Please... search the forum, read the forum rules, post a debug log and useful system information if you've got a problem, and help everyone to help each other.
find quote
houghton19 Offline
fantastic, ill have a look when i recieve a longer HDMI. thanks.
find quote