• 2(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)
One similar proposal, under recent movies to be all the recent movies and not only the unwatched ones.
(2017-02-05, 03:31)terpsarlington Wrote: Is there are anyway i can set the amount of Recently added movies and unwatched movies to a certain number. I would like to see 25 of each on the main page. It seems like the skin gets limited by the number of unwatched.

Not that I know of. I've not looked at how Estuary populates those widgets.
i managed to have under "recently added movies" all the movies and not only the unwatched ones. Go to "playlists" folder and edit the "recent_unwatched_movies.xsp" file. All you have to do is to delete those 3 lines

Code:
</rule>
<rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">
    <value>1</value>

Of course the same can be done to the "recent_unwatched_episodes.xsp" file

For unknown reason i cannot change the limit of 15 movies although i edit the line to <limit>20</limit>
For my understanding: I am looking for a "little" modification to estuary v2 default skin. With the rest of the default skin I am very happy (at least for the moment)! Wink

Is it possible to reorder all custom main menu items with your modification or is it limited to "movies" and "tv shows"? I need the "live tv" item to be at the top and the focus on this button would be nice.

I am also one of the persons looking for a way to create custom main menu items. But I fully understand your point of view.

Can't test your skin at the moment, because I am on a business trip. For the moment I am only searching for possibilities.

Thanks and Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2017-02-07, 03:08)hoppel118 Wrote: Is it possible to reorder all custom main menu items with your modification or is it limited to "movies" and "tv shows"? I need the "live tv" item to be at the top and the focus on this button would be nice.

Unfortunately it's limited to just swapping the movies and TV shows entries. It was a very hacky change. I'm pondering a way to reorder the entire main menu, but I'm not happy with any idea I've come up with yet. We'll see.
@pkscout Thanks for the information
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
New Beta Available

I figured out an only slightly inelegant way to allow you to customize the location of the main menu items. If you're interested in trying it and giving feedback, there's a link at the end of the post.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD IT, READ THIS!!!!

After you install the skin all your main menu items will be set back to the default. Don't panic. Just go to the skin settings and select which item you want in which slot. Before you ask, technically I could probably use the same strategy to allow you to reorder the right hand widgets, but it will get very messy, and it's very labor intensive. So you'll just have to be satisfied with hiding widgets you don't want.

OK, thanks for reading. Wink

edit: link deleted on February 11, 2017 because the version available via my skin repo now includes the changes in the beta. Please download from the repo.
Tried 1.1.0 Beta 1,
I really like Estuary and this mod with the additional options makes it even more enjoyable to use, definitely my new default skin.
Thank you very much for your hard work
Some screenshots would be useful.
Here ya go.

Home screen showing reordered menu items, categories as icons, and some of the TV Show widgets turned off.

And the settings screen to change the order of things:

And the settings screen for turning widgets on and off:

Thanks so much, this is exactly how I'd like Kodi to look. Using your mod now with no issues.
ALERT!!!!!

I'm pushing the updates to my Estuary mod out right now. Any changes you made to the left home menu will be reset to default. You'll have to go back into the settings and change them. The good news is that this update includes the ability to reorder items on the left home menu.
@pkscout Fantastic news!

I installed your estuary mod today. I like the way it's possible to reorder and to deactivate the main menu items now.

Well done! Greetings Hoppel

Excellent and most appreciated mod to the Estuary skin. I did use another such Estuary mod, which required many add ons for its full functionality. Whilst it is a very comprehensive mod it does get a little demanding for my Rasp Pi 3 and can slow down the selections and menus etc.

This one works wonderfully well. I love the ability to hide categories from sections.

For example TV shows. I do not want to see recently added episodes as they will often show spoilers in their thumbnails. It can also look cluttered.

Movies, I do not need to see random movies, as I have a list for that.

Favourites - I would like to see the possibility of using the context menu to be able to remove the favourites from the main screen, if that makes sense..? You can't do that with std Estuary but you can with that other mod. It is useful as it saves finding your favourite to remove it from where it is and also if it is deleted and removed from your collection then it "sticks" as a favourite still, or at least it does for me.

Very fluid and responsive with no discernible pauses when being used. I hope that it can remain as fast as it is now if and when you decide to add functionality or additional things to it.

Thanks for sharing Smile
(2017-02-12, 12:03)Vimes Wrote: Favourites - I would like to see the possibility of using the context menu to be able to remove the favourites from the main screen, if that makes sense..? You can't do that with std Estuary but you can with that other mod. It is useful as it saves finding your favourite to remove it from where it is and also if it is deleted and removed from your collection then it "sticks" as a favourite still, or at least it does for me.

I've seen what you want on some other skins. That's pretty much beyond my skinning ability. It was pretty much everything I could do to figure a way to reorder the main menu. Big Grin
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)6