• 4(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)
hi is there a way to remove the background transparency when using artist slideshow it makes everything washed out
(2017-03-14, 15:34)ajerazzor Wrote: hi is there a way to remove the background transparency when using artist slideshow it makes everything washed out

That's the way the default Estuary works. If you want to manually change that, look in MusicVisualization.xml. I'm not sure exactly what you'd need to change, as the goal for this mod was to make some very light changes to Estuary, so I never looked at the background transparency stuff any.
(2017-03-14, 08:42)AndreB1404 Wrote: Hi pkscout, thanks for a great mod. I am experiencing something strange lately. I am not sure but I think it is after I upgraded to the latest OSMC 2017.02-2 When I select a playlist, it is stuck for about 75 seconds on "Scanning media information" before it starts playing. This also happens when it switches from a song with a duration of more than 5 minutes to the next song in the playlist. This does not happen when I use the standard Estuary skin. My music is on a SMB share in Windows 10. Any idea what this could be?
Thanks...AndreB1404

I assume nobody has an idea what could cause this? I run OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a wired connection to the SMB share, if it can possibly help with this problem. The screen where it gets stuck is when reading the library information to populate the playlist.
(2017-03-14, 18:56)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 15:34)ajerazzor Wrote: hi is there a way to remove the background transparency when using artist slideshow it makes everything washed out

That's the way the default Estuary works. If you want to manually change that, look in MusicVisualization.xml. I'm not sure exactly what you'd need to change, as the goal for this mod was to make some very light changes to Estuary, so I never looked at the background transparency stuff any.

Obviously we had some miscommunication over on the main AS thread because you said several times you were not seeing this problem when I complained about it over there. I'm glad to finally know I am not alone and where to begin looking into fixing it.
(2017-03-14, 18:56)pkscout Wrote:

I filed bug http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17385 about this against Estuary as it does the same with the same horrid results when displaying fanart from the library.
Hi, first of all thanks for the add-on and the skin mod!
I'm relatively new to Kodi, so still learning. Wanted to find something to display the album cover in full screen, but Artist Slideshow is much better.

I think I found a little problem: No matter what setting I use for categories in Music (off, standard or icons) , the categories never show. It seems this setting has no effect at all. (only in Music. It does work in the other menus, videos, add on etc)

Can you pls take a look? or maybe I am expecting something wrong?
Thanks!
Gonzalo
(2017-03-21, 15:44)gonza Wrote: Hi, first of all thanks for the add-on and the skin mod!
I'm relatively new to Kodi, so still learning. Wanted to find something to display the album cover in full screen, but Artist Slideshow is much better.

I think I found a little problem: No matter what setting I use for categories in Music (off, standard or icons) , the categories never show. It seems this setting has no effect at all. (only in Music. It does work in the other menus, videos, add on etc)

Can you pls take a look? or maybe I am expecting something wrong?
Thanks!
Gonzalo

That's a bug. If you set it to OFF the categories go away, but after that you can't get them back. I'll look into it.

P.S. Now it's not working for me at all either, even with a new settings file. Weird.

P.P.S. I found the problem. I miss edited some stuff when I was copying some things around. So right now if you don't have any movies in your library the music categories won't show. My bad. I'm headed in to a half day meeting, but I'll fix it tonight and push an update out.
(2017-03-21, 22:57)pkscout Wrote: P.P.S. I found the problem. I miss edited some stuff when I was copying some things around. So right now if you don't have any movies in your library the music categories won't show. My bad. I'm headed in to a half day meeting, but I'll fix it tonight and push an update out.

Awewsome , thank you!
Yes, I don't have any movie libraries, I just have a big Music library. I do use it for movies and videos, but only through files (no library).

Thanks again!
I just pushed the update out. 1.1.3 is the current version now and should be working correctly.
(2017-03-22, 04:00)pkscout Wrote: I just pushed the update out. 1.1.3 is the current version now and should be working correctly.

Yes it works now. Nod Thank you!
(2017-02-05, 21:13)chrispe Wrote: i managed to have under "recently added movies" all the movies and not only the unwatched ones. Go to "playlists" folder and edit the "recent_unwatched_movies.xsp" file. All you have to do is to delete those 3 lines

Code:
</rule>
<rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">
    <value>1</value>

Of course the same can be done to the "recent_unwatched_episodes.xsp" file

For unknown reason i cannot change the limit of 15 movies although i edit the line to <limit>20</limit>

Any idea where this is located for Android?
Hey pkscout, thanks for your cool mod!
One question pls.
Is it possible to create custom Main Menu Items from a Addon on the left side and can you tell me how?

Best regards
StonyMalony
(2017-03-23, 14:10)StonyMalony Wrote: Hey pkscout, thanks for your cool mod!
One question pls.
Is it possible to create custom Main Menu Items from a Addon on the left side and can you tell me how?

Best regards
StonyMalony

With an addon alone I don't think so. There is an addon called Skin Widgets that provides a framework for users to make their own menu items, but the skin has to be built around it. Guilouz's Estuary mod does exactly that. The only caveat is that the one for Kodi 17 is the older, early version of Estuary. The one he is doing for Kodi 18 uses the current version of Estuary as the base.
(2017-03-24, 03:21)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 14:10)StonyMalony Wrote: Hey pkscout, thanks for your cool mod!
One question pls.

Best regards
StonyMalony

With an addon alone I don't think so. There is an addon called Skin Widgets that provides a framework for users to make their own menu items, but the skin has to be built around it. Guilouz's Estuary mod does exactly that. The only caveat is that the one for Kodi 17 is the older, early version of Estuary. The one he is doing for Kodi 18 uses the current version of Estuary as the base.

Hi!
Now I'm working on this skins for KODI 17.
Will be ready by the end of next week
Now there's an alpha version of the skin, see here
Hey,
thanks for the info.
Nice weekend @ll.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)6