Kodi 17 update?
Hello was wondering if kodi 17 is out yet for my pi2 and if so how do i upgrade to it? My open elec already updated. Any information would be great.

Sent from my LGLS676
https://kodi.tv
@charles3526

I'm not sure how long you have to wait until OpenELEC will release a Kodi 17 Version. But the link ActionA send you is correct. Noone (neither OpenELEC nor LibreELEC) will release a stable Kodi version until Kodi itself didn't release it. So you have at least to wait until Kodi 17 is being released as a stable version.

There might be some Alphas and Betas and LibreELEC has some Alphas which contain Kodi 17 Beta releases. But those are not called a "stable version". They are pretty stable as I use them daily and I'm not facing any real issues.

So if you want to try them, just let me know and I'll help you to get there. But be aware that it's not OpenELEC anymore. It will be LibreELEC then.

Greetings.
Now w/ the official 17.0 release out https://kodi.tv/download/ let's hope Open and Libre can get some final builds OTD in the near future.
A final beta of LibreELEC with Kodi 17 Final became available today: 7.95.2
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry for the newbie question im looking to do a new install onto a PI 3.

Is the one for a new install onto a sd this one?

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.2.img.gz

Sent from my iPhone
Yes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
I think there will be a 7.95.3 very soon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-09, 23:17)nickr Wrote: I think there will be a 7.95.3 very soon.

Cheers. Do you think it will it be days or weeks?

Sent from my iPhone
Dunno, but proceed with 7.95.2 and you can then upgrade very easily.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Krypton final is available with OSMC.

But if you want to stay with the *ELECs you will need to wait.
Libreelec shouldn't be too long. Openelec, who knows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 update?0