• 14(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
(2017-03-17, 19:54)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 19:29)Ruk12345 Wrote: Is it possible to edit / create smart playlists from within the app itself?

Unfortunately the Kodi API does not provide methods for that. The folders where the .xsp files are stored are accessible, but (to my knowledge) there's no way to put files in there (directly from the app, or via Kodi).

Can you edit an existing smart playlist via the app?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-03-17, 20:02)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 19:54)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 19:29)Ruk12345 Wrote: Is it possible to edit / create smart playlists from within the app itself?

Unfortunately the Kodi API does not provide methods for that. The folders where the .xsp files are stored are accessible, but (to my knowledge) there's no way to put files in there (directly from the app, or via Kodi).

It would be possible to read them. The problem is saving it.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2017-03-17, 20:05)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 20:02)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 19:54)rschiks Wrote: Unfortunately the Kodi API does not provide methods for that. The folders where the .xsp files are stored are accessible, but (to my knowledge) there's no way to put files in there (directly from the app, or via Kodi).

It would be possible to read them. The problem is saving it.

Ok so no write access . Thanks
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
Hi Richard can users of the older version get the update or do you need to purchase this

Cheers
(2017-03-19, 19:11)meridius Wrote: Hi Richard can users of the older version get the update or do you need to purchase this

Cheers

It's a new app because it has new requirements, like the Kodi version must be 17 (Krypton) or higher, and iOS 10 or higher.
Ok. Cheers still waiting for 17.1 before I upgrade from 12.2. Already sorted some things with 17.0 but it seems to have many bugs which I hope is fixed in .1 then I need to do a full test of it as 12.2 never let me down until now as some formats are not working.
(2017-03-19, 21:39)meridius Wrote: Ok. Cheers still waiting for 17.1 before I upgrade from 12.2. Already sorted some things with 17.0 but it seems to have many bugs which I hope is fixed in .1 then I need to do a full test of it as 12.2 never let me down until now as some formats are not working.

The source code just bumped to 17.1 final....won't take that long anymore.
Richard,

Please set the library to be cached on the iOS device so it doesnt have to reload the library list each time you open the app.

The Remote For Kodi does a lot better job on load time. You might want to ask those guys for help.
(2017-03-20, 04:54)johnsills1 Wrote: Richard,

Please set the library to be cached on the iOS device so it doesnt have to reload the library list each time you open the app.

The Remote For Kodi does a lot better job on load time. You might want to ask those guys for help.

Their way of caching will break a lot of functionality, so that's why I don't implement that.

How long does it currently take for you?

Retrieving items from Kodi happens in a few steps:
1. Kodi needs to retrieve the data from the database
2. Kodi needs to prepare the data to be sent
3. The app receives the data
4. The app needs to process the data

Step 2 and 4 take most time of the time in this whole process and increases when there are more items in the Kodi library.

I think you can imagine that an i7 is faster with step 2 than a rPi and an iPad Pro is faster than an iPad 4th generation with step 4.
I just find it odd that The Remote For Kodi has most if not all the same functionality and is instant. Your app takes literally 5 seconds to load which is unacceptable for an app that i had to pay for
(2017-03-21, 02:37)johnsills1 Wrote: I just find it odd that The Remote For Kodi has most if not all the same functionality and is instant. Your app takes literally 5 seconds to load which is unacceptable for an app that i had to pay for

It's not odd. I have simply not implemented it. It can cause displaying incorrect data.
What happens when I store the data and in the mean time I am watching movies, give ratings, add episodes, etc. and I start the app again and I have sorted it on last played, or user ratings? How do I see if the new episodes have been added? I need to do a manual refresh or I need to read the data from Kodi anyway and combine it, meaning it will change my current view and can't do anything anyway then to wait for it.

Caching it is only useful if your library is static. Most of us watch things and add stuff.
So I needed to ask the real minimum amount of data from Kodi to make it possible to have all the views possible (sorting on last played, user ratings, etc) and still be realtime. I think 5 seconds is not much. I still have no idea about your amount of movies/series and hardware you are using. I could be that it's still very fast in your "situation".

Constellation (the previous version of THE remote for Kodi) was actually my motivation to build my own remote. Things always "flew" around the screen when I started it because it was correcting the local cache :-)
I would like a refund
(2017-03-21, 19:35)johnsills1 Wrote: I would like a refund

No problem, you need to contact Apple. Apple is not sharing user sales data with developers.
One of the things still missing is Trakt support.
A question: what kind of Trakt functionality should definitely be added?
Hi Richard
Just updated Kyra 1 –> Kyra 2. I like this new version!

2 questions.

1) On the remote, in Kyra 1, a wide swipe to left brought a 2nd "zoomed" remote with bigger buttons. Really convenient for small screen device. on v2 it doesn't work. did you make any changes? the normal remote is a pain in the ass with my iPhone SE with the tiny buttons!

2) About Dashboard: putting single movies on the dashboard is fine. But I would like rather pin there some FOLDERS, unscrapped, (for now I have to access these folders throught the FILES section in adv. menu). Is there any way to do that?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26