v17 enable-player=omxplayer with cmake for raspberry pi 2 ... how?
(2017-01-15, 03:08)graysky Wrote: @rascas - OK. Yes, I am building on a RPi2. Trying your suggestion about forcing the WITH_ARCH=arm allowed the configuration to work! Build is starting now. I will post back about the result.

Log from the cmake first step:

Code:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
    -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/vc \
    -DCORE_SYSTEM_NAME=rbpi \
    DCPU=cortex-a7 \
    -DWITH_ARCH=arm \
    -DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON \
    -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF \
    -DENABLE_X11=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF \
    -DLIRC_DEVICE=/run/lirc/lircd \
    ../"xbmc-$_tag"/project/cmake

Log from first cmake step: log

It's not DCPU but -DWITH_CPU and I think you shouldn't be using -DWITH_ARCH,
if you do NEON CFLAGS won't be set https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....cmake#L10 ,
ARCH will be set automagically if right WITH_CPU is fed to cmake.

I build with -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a53 and without -DWITH_ARCH for my pi3
Ah yes, that should be his problem.
We also build with -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a7 and without -DWITH_ARCH for RPi 2/3 for Raspbian.
Thank you all for the truly helpful suggestions. The following cmake lines incorporating the recently suggestions completed successfully (log. I am now building (should take 20 min) and will report back.

Code:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
    -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/vc \
    -DCORE_SYSTEM_NAME=rbpi \
    -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a7 \
    -DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON \
    -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF \
    -DENABLE_X11=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF \
    -DLIRC_DEVICE=/run/lirc/lircd \
    ../"xbmc-$_tag"/project/cmake

EDIT: the build package works fine! Issue solved. Thanks again for the help, all!

(2017-01-15, 14:02)rascas Wrote: We also build with -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a7 and without -DWITH_ARCH for RPi 2/3 for Raspbian.

What is the complete build recipe for Raspbian? For example, Arch ARM uses a recipe file called a PKGBUILD which is just a bash script for building. Here is the new one using cmake I am working on for Arch ARM. I'd like to see what the Debian equivalent is that you guys are using for Raspbian.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
This is not oficial Raspbian packages, they are for a little distro called PiPplware and also RetroPie, both based on Raspbian. We use this to make debian packages:
https://github.com/nsenica/xbmc/blob/kry...ackages.sh

We are still working on the script, but the resulted Kodi 17 is working good so far.
Very nice, thanks for sharing the link. Which of the KODI_OPTS that you have defined starting on line 59 are defaulted?
Most of them are default, they are there just to make sure, just like some cflags that werent till some recent commits were accepted. We will clean it up. You have to check the cmake project in the kodi source tree to check that.
Thanks again. The PR I referenced for Arch ARM has been accepted, so the cmake code you guys helped me with is now the distro default: https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILD...5dd4cc6f8b
nice, distros helping each other out Smile
(2017-01-15, 21:56)wsnipex Wrote: nice, distros helping each other out Smile

Yeah, no problem, I also had to deal with the same recently since I never used cmake before, so it is still fresh in my mind. I also have used Arch in the past, I still have it installed on an old desktop, but nowdays I deal mostly with Debian at work. The teory is the same, its all Linux, but there is always something different, like software/libraries versions, packaging system, etc Wink The cpack debian generator is nice for debian systems Big Grin
@wsinpex - Perhaps it's time to update the upstream README for cmake?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...aspberrypi
yeah it is. Mind sending a PR?
I can but I cannot vouch for the accuracy of what I put in there having only just pieced it together from the help of you guys here in this thread.
...also, the current docs appear to be Ubuntu centric whereas I am running Arch ARM. Does that matter?
(2017-01-16, 22:13)graysky Wrote: I can but I cannot vouch for the accuracy of what I put in there having only just pieced it together from the help of you guys here in this thread.

Other users should check/test what you write before PR is merged so don't worry about it not being perfect. It should be a useful starting point.
(2017-01-16, 22:30)popcornmix Wrote: Other users should check/test what you write before PR is merged so don't worry about it not being perfect. It should be a useful starting point.

OK. The current version shows how to manually build and includes dependencies for ubuntu. I am using Arch ARM which, like Arch, is build around pacman/makepkg (the distro package manager. As such, building on Arch is as simple as downloading the PKGBUILD and running `makepkg -s` so Arch users would never do it manually. I can write it out as such, but would it be better of a ubuntu user edited my draft changing or augmenting the ubuntu packages (deps)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
enable-player=omxplayer with cmake for raspberry pi 2 ... how?2