N00b - Setup T3CH auto-update?
Hi guys,

Kinda new to XBMC, tho am pretty comfortable modding stuff etc.

I'm a little confused by T3CH auto update script...

I've read that newer versions allow you to *exclude* deleting the *userdata* folder, so that it'll install the new version of XBMC around this.

Could someone confirm -

1. is T3CH intended to actually notify, download then install latest XBMC releases, or do you have to install manually over FTP?

2. Can someone help me set it up to do this?
I tried myself - set the download and unrar paths, downloaded, but it just seemed to download it and unrar it to the paths, without actually installing it?
Even when I set the unrar path to Apps/XMBC itself, it just made a subfolder and put it in there?

3. How do I set it to exclude paths / files I dont want updated - i.e userData?
Also I read some where you can just move (and update pointers to) the userData folder?

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question - I'm getting my head round this quite nicely, just a little overwhelmed with all the cool stuff XMBC can do! Smile

Thanks for any help...
Ooops, sorry guys - RTFM I guess... Wink

I'm sure I read tho that it's possible to set folders to exclude from the delete/move operations, with the idea being that the UserData could be excluded, allowing the T3ch to actually update xmbc?

As I understand it now, T3ch will only download and unrar the release - leaving the user to move it over the previous release?
Would be too good to be true! XBMC auto update Nerd
The readme should explain most things, but I appreciate it all sounds a bit tricky ...

Copies/Delete (also known as Includes/Excludes) are a couple of list of folders and/or files that the script will copy/delete after downloading and unpacking of the rar file.
These are maintained from the menu.

eg have a Delete list of unused language folders.

Theres a config menu option where you can enable/disable the copying of UserData from current to new build. This is useful if you've relocated UserData external to the XBMC installation (by editing profiles.xml)

The script can check for an update of itself, enable it in config menu.

Once installation is complete you will be using the new T3CH build upon reboot. Old installations still exist and you can switch back (using menu)

Hope that helps
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Cheers B3! Smile

Did a manual update / FTP using T3ch last night - the update alert found an update (23/12/07 if I recall), downloaded that, copied out userData, copied into XMBC, copied UserData back and rebooted...

Came back on fine, but running the T3ch updater found the same update... Hiw can I confirm if the update actually took?

Also, I'd like to add Bios details, XBMC build and other system stats to my sig here. Looking at the system specs doesnt seem to show all these details - where do I find them?

BTW - got my Maxtor NAS up last night, streaming happily - Yayyy! Wink

Looking forward to learning from you guys here, and getting actively involved on the forum...
look at the xbmc system info page, it gives xbmc build date. accessed via right analogue stick click.
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
N00b - Setup T3CH auto-update?0