Android Cannot Access SMB
(2017-03-22, 18:47)flhthemi Wrote: OK...I just did a clean install of 17.1 final on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S10.5 (Previously 17.1RC1 SMB did not work) and it works perfect.

pusb87 if I were you I would either:

1 - Read this POST and try the fix as I described (This will save you some time if it works) OR
2 - Uninstall the Kodi version you have now and install a fresh copy of Kodi 17.1 Final.

thank you for taking the time to respond with your suggestions.

I took a look at 1. and tried what you suggested but no luck there....but i will dabble a bit more later on.

If that fails I will install a fresh 17.1 final, have to do this a bit later as cant at the moment

i will let you know how i got on

Smile

UPDATE EDIT : All sorted now by reinstalling afresh Kodi 17.1 final
(2017-03-22, 15:38)flhthemi Wrote: Yes Read "Fixes Done In This Release" section of THIS page. Final Kodi 17.1 fixes it.
Awesome!! Thanks for the info!

GlassRain
i'm going insane after months and months of using my shield now I can access none of my SMB shares. so frustrating. I've tried every single fix in this thread thus far and nothing has worked. no idea why this is all of a sudden happening but man does it suck. what is especially frustrating is it works flawlessly on my chromebox still.

i guess i'm a bit unsure thus far of how to get my address correct to add it maually as i have 6 external drives that all my files are stored on.

here is my debug as well https://paste.ubuntu.com/24331222/

EDIT ----- FIXED

I just got a new 24 port Dlink switch. didn't realize there is some type of security toggle on it that would screw up file sharing settings. flicked this just to see if it would fix the problem and for some reason it did. not sure why this effects Android and not the chromebox but it did
The Kodi on my Shield TV kept on forgetting the Samba username and password. The Samba share was correctly accessible from other devices. I always needed to restart the PC (W7) that was running the Samba share in order for Kodi (Shield TV) to find the share again. And then always after a few days, Kodi would give the Error Connection timed out when trying to access the SMB share.

OK guys, here is the solution: SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Change your connection type to Home Network. Because the above described phenomenon will happen if your connection is either Work network or Public network.
I have this problem with kodi now for some time, i cannot give any information because the problem has to lay solely with kodi, i use XPlore (an filebrowser made by Lonely Cat Games and this app has no problems with accessing my smb,lan,nas or whatsoever), i think kodi is dead, it was in its early days great (ofcourse i was too late for the real fun), but there are too much restrictions.
It sounds like the problem is user error, not Kodi.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2020-10-10, 16:50)Mondriaan Wrote: i cannot give any information because the problem has to lay solely with kodi

It doesn't work, because "Kodi". Right.

Xplore will likely start with SMBv1 and work its way up. Kodi starts with SMBv2, that setting can be changed in the Kodi menus.
We prefer not to use a default file protocol that has countless known security holes. SMBv1 has been replaced and deactivated for a reason.

(2020-10-10, 16:50)Mondriaan Wrote: i think kodi is dead, it was in its early days great (ofcourse i was too late for the real fun), but there are too much restrictions.

We are not dead, you think wrong. SMB is a Microsoft file protocol, that has been changed multiple times in the course of almost 2 years. Because Microsoft apparently couldn't make up its mind.
Don't blame us for those changes. SMBv2+ has a few restrictions, but those can be overcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Cannot Access SMB0