Bug Kodi 17 RC3 - No sound for Radiochannels and freeze after tying to stop.
Kodi 17 RC3 - No sound for Radiochannels and freeze after tying to stop.

if i try to play a Radiostation the sound plays for almost a second and then its quiet (no sound)

if i hit "stop" after that Kodi Freezes.

hers the log

regards
Cannnot reproduce it here with 17 RC3. Unfortunately you log file is not a debug log. It does not contain any details that might explain this behavior.
Please check http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
thanks

as the Debug Log was to big for pastebin (single paste) i had to split it in two

part1

part2

regards
The relevant lines are in log file part2 around line 2528:
Quote:18:00:34.886 T:11788 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::CheckPlayStatus: Resuming Playback
18:00:34.886 T:11788 WARNING: CWin32DirectSound::GetSpace - buffer underrun - W:7320, P:272, O:5288.
18:00:34.909 T:12184 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: TsReader: closing file

The stream is stopped because of a buffer underrun on the radio stream data. Unfortunately, the addon has no option yet to insert a delay for radio playback to give the backend some time to provide enough data in the timeshift buffer.
I will add additional options to the addon to allow tweaking the startup delay for radio and tv tuning.

Could you try if it improves if you enable the addon setting "Use RTSP streaming" for the TSReader. This does not read the radio data directly from the timeshift buffer but opens a RTSP stream to the TVServer.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Sry. for the late Reply

(2017-01-21, 15:25)margro Wrote: Could you try if it improves if you enable the addon setting "Use RTSP streaming" for the TSReader. This does not read the radio data directly from the timeshift buffer but opens a RTSP stream to the TVServer.

if i enable "RTSP streaming" (and restart Kodi) pvr doesnt work at all. All i see is the "busy dialogue" after trying to start a channel, i did try this on two Windows machines, both time after two minutes and more i force Kodi to quit via taskmanager. (it was only the busy dialog active, and Kodi didnt respond anymore.)

did try to play Radio and TV programs with "RTSP streaming" enabled, in both cases same result.

--
I did also try to disable "fast channel switching" (RTSP disabled again), which didnt help to solve the pvr radio stream problem.

Regards.

EDIT:
Did also try to switch to "ffmpec" as "streaming methode" which didnt help.
Still got the same Problem with the latest Kodi (Final)

If you need new debog Logs, just say, and i upload new logs

Regards.

EDIT:
i uploaded a debug of RTSP- Streming enabled.

Part1
Part2

EDIT2:
by the way, is there a better Side to upload debug logs, as my logs are always bigger than the allowd 500k (even if Kodi runs just for two or thre minutes), and it is a pita to split them in two (or is there a easy way to mark just half of the log?).
Also here on my two htpc.
In my case radio is playing but when i'll stop it, or change the channel kodi freezes and must be killed task manager.
LiveTV is working without any issue!

The last entry of the debug log is:

Code:
21:28:39.189 T:8040   DEBUG: FreeVisualisation() started

So i have disabled MilkDrop (which was enabled) and removed MilkDrop2 from Kodi directory, because i could not deactivate it.

With NO vis enabled, the issue disappeared!

Here is the complete debug log on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JpRMZ...sp=sharing

pOpY
Did test now with 17.1 RC1 still the Same Problem.

(2017-02-18, 22:42)popy Wrote: [...]

So i have disabled MilkDrop (which was enabled) and removed MilkDrop2 from Kodi directory, because i could not deactivate it.

Good catch!

Disabling the visualisation "solved" indeed the problem on my End.

@margo

Is this now a MePo Addon problem or a Kodi Bug?

Schuld i report the issue elswhere?
(2017-02-27, 08:59)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Did test now with 17.1 RC1 still the Same Problem.

(2017-02-18, 22:42)popy Wrote: [...]

Good catch!

Disabling the visualisation "solved" indeed the problem on my End.

@margo

Is this now a MePo Addon problem or a Kodi Bug?

Schuld i report the issue elswhere?

Nice to hear that it also worked(around) for you.
Maybe @ksooo could also take at look at this? Angel

if any tests are needed, i am here.

pOpY
Now that we knew the Visualisation most likely causes the issues, i started a New Thread in the Windows section. -> Link

(A final reply from margro would have been welcome, but guess things r just how they r)
(2017-03-02, 08:27)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Now that we knew the Visualisation most likely causes the issues, i started a New Thread in the Windows section. -> Link

(A final reply from margro would have been welcome, but guess things r just how they r)

thx a lot!
But your link is wrong.
here it is: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308569

pOpY
Thanks

Did edit the above Post, and fix the Link.

Hope the new Post helps to get that (finaly) fixed!
(2017-03-02, 14:01)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Thanks

Did edit the above Post, and fix the Link.

Hope the new Post helps to get that (finaly) fixed!

thx for fixing the link!
Maybe creating a ticket is also a good approach: http://trac.kodi.tv/ Blush

pOpY
i see track tickets "unanswerd".

So no Idea, (Im a bit "pissed of" right now).
(2017-03-02, 21:59)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: So no Idea, (Im a bit "pissed of" right now).

If I were you I'd ask for my money back!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 RC3 - No sound for Radiochannels and freeze after tying to stop.0