v17 extended info not working
Running rc3

After hitting i on a movie/tv show, I select extended info and get: "error could not find valid content type"

Is this due to a setting or a potential bug?

Thanks
(2017-01-15, 01:06)glubbish Wrote: Running rc3

After hitting i on a movie/tv show, I select extended info and get: "error could not find valid content type"

Is this due to a setting or a potential bug?

Thanks

I have got the same problem, freshly installed libreelec.
I have the same issue "error could not find valid content type" from the both Series & Episode information screens.using Krypton 17.0 for Android ARM 64bit on Amazon Fire TV. It's like the button is broken. Used to work on earlier builds but stopped working mid-January. Extended.info still works if done from TV Series List using the context menu.
Me too - "error could not find valid content type".
Tried all different setting in the add-on including login to TMDB - still not working.
However if I install script for context menu and start from there it is working?

Running krypton with Estuary skin on Ubuntu 16.04
(2017-02-19, 18:11)redaktorn Wrote: Me too - "error could not find valid content type".
Tried all different setting in the add-on including login to TMDB - still not working.
However if I install script for context menu and start from there it is working?

Running krypton with Estuary skin on Ubuntu 16.04

Fix for krypton here
The issue is that the latest extendedinfo script has been made to work with Kodi 18 Leia. In Kodi 18 Leia, the function System.HasModalDialog has been changed to System.HasActiveModalDialog. This causes the error "Could not find valid content type". To fix it for Kodi 17 look in your addon directory and open the file process.py ("C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\​lib") .

Look for the line:
if xbmc.getCondVisibility("System.HasActiveModalDialog")

should be line 260 and change it to

if xbmc.getCondVisibility("System.HasModalDialog").

Hope the original author can fix it in an update to work with both Kodi 17 and 18.
What if your using the android version, how do you fix this problem?
How can we fix this on Android, am using Nvidia shield tv pro.
(2017-05-14, 00:21)igenena Wrote: How can we fix this on Android, am using Nvidia shield tv pro.

Yep, same here. On an Nvidia Shield so cant apply the suggested fix unless my machine was rooted.

Kodi 18 is still in alpha. Heck 17 is still at RC status isnt it? Why would you want to have a major plugin not support the current stable build??
Same problem since Shield automatically updated to 17.4.
This might solve it... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2538808
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extended info not working0