v17 Invalid Argument only with USB disk drives on Win Server
Hello Com,

i don't know if im right here, i have posted it on libreelec, but there is no reaction. So here is my problem.

Quote:i have a problem. I try to switch to kodi and i have some problems too add media source folder ofer Windows SMB Network.

My setting, latest libreelec alpha on an intel nuc and a windows 10 server.

in Settings i can see the Workgroup, and can enter the folder that are access granted to network. Then first time i was aksed for user:pw after successfull entering the credetnials i can see all the folders, and add some to kodi. But with some folders it does not work, strangely when i see it right, that are only folders they where stored on a ext. hdd that hangs on the Server.

Attached the log with debug enabled.

On other Systems running windows i can enter all folders.

Log Files

Greet's D3
So i have test some things, but no change.

Change in samba.conf the Workgroup to the same, as the Windows Server.
On the Windows Server i changed to things in the Reg..

[HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache]

Change from 0 to 1

[HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size]

Change from 1 to 3

But nothing happens.

When i connect with an Windows System how runs kodi to the SMB i can open all folders.
Seriously, its only the folders on ext. storage, all internal storages works.
:-( No one an idea ? Or can help me ?
Are you using homegroup sharing? Don't.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Eh yes, i use the windows homegroups, when you mean this !
Use proper SMB sharing, not homegroup.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-26, 06:38)nickr Wrote: Use proper SMB sharing, not homegroup.

Hm can you explane a little bit. Did i understand it right, should i go out of the homegroup and get the folders free for network ?

I have got an tip, but the same issue.

There is a known issue with SMB in the latest build of LE (7.90.x)
To get round it: Either
1) Add <server name> <ip address> to ./storage/hosts.conf and reboot
or
Access it directly in Kodi as smb://<server IP>/<folder>

I don't know why only the external hdds make this problem. All folders at the internal hdds works fine, but the 4 folders on the 2 external hdds dont work.
Here are actual logs. I tried all infos that i get, but nothing happend. When i install kodi on win 10 i can enter the folders, when i switch back to libreelec 7.95.1 the issue is back.
I have killed windows homegroups and give the folders free in network. But the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Invalid Argument only with USB disk drives on Win Server0