Using an add-on from another Kodi install
Hello I've been using this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183084 without problems really for over a year. Well, I was updating the pi and realized his code and repository are gone! So sad was a great, useful plugin. Is there any other add-on that does something like this? OR is there a way to take this add-on off my other pi (which it is installed) and add it on mine?

I have a raspberry pi in my honda odyssey. When I start the car power is sent to the pi and Kodi starts. I want a movie to play and if possible resume where they left off. The other pi is in my other car.

Thanks for your help!!!
If you use the file manager in Kodi and navigate to your addons folder ( /storage/.kodi/addons ) in there you should find a folder called packages. That contains the zip files of the addons which you have installed on the machine. You may find what you're looking for in there.

If so copy it to somewhere accessible via SMB and pull it across to the other pi that way. Then just use the normal install from zip option in my addons to install it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
this add-on wasn't in there, I'm guessing it was very simple. Any other place/directory where it installs to?
A last resort option that's pretty easy ... "Clone" the SD Card from Pi(with Playback Resumer) to another SD Card

eg. insert the SD Card (with Playback Resumer installed) into your PC .. open win32 Disk Iimager, click the folder icon and browse to C: drive and type a name .. backup.img then click READ

Remove the SD Card and insert a blank SD Card into your PC .. open backup.img then change the destination to the SD Card eg E: then click WRITE
(2017-01-23, 02:33)davefromcamp Wrote: this add-on wasn't in there, I'm guessing it was very simple. Any other place/directory where it installs to?

Look in the /storage/.kodi/addons folder on the Pi it is still installed on for a folder named 'script.service.playbackresumer'. Copy that folder to the same location on your other Pi. Reboot.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Thanks for the options, I just copied the whole addon folder to the other pi. Who knows what he called it. It wasn't script.service.playbackresumer. Cloning would be a great option as well. This extension was great because it would play random movies continuously too bad it disappeared. I'd host it if I could. Thanks again guys
found it for ya Dave Big Grin

if you download the 'source' from the link above eg. https://code.google.com/archive/p/xbmc-b...ult/source

unzip it and then you'll find it in ...

C:\Users\Sevren\Downloads\source-archive\xbmc-bradvido-repository\trunk\script.service.playbackresumer

So, i zipped it up .. put it on a flashdrive then install from zip .. reboot and it was there in "My Add-ons"

I uploaded the zip file for ya Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k8hexrjw0e...esumer.zip

Proof .. installed fine on LibreELEC Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Please note that from Krypton/17 just dumping/cloning an addon into the addons directory is NOT doing to work. You need to install from zip or from a repo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-23, 09:03)nickr Wrote: Please note that from Krypton/17 just dumping/cloning an addon into the addons directory is NOT doing to work.

But ... cloning the entire Raspberry Pi Micro SD Card "will"

which is what i was recommending .. (before i found the install add-on posted above)
(2017-01-23, 09:03)nickr Wrote: Please note that from Krypton/17 just dumping/cloning an addon into the addons directory is NOT doing to work. You need to install from zip or from a repo.
Kind of. You can still dump it in but it has to be enabled separately. If it's just one addon that's a few secs in the gui. Plus the 'install extra sauces' (or whatever it's really called) option has to be checked, whether dumping or installing from zip (edit - obviously I'm not telling you anything new there).
Wow! How did you find it?? That's awesome. Thanks so much.
(2017-01-28, 07:10)davefromcamp Wrote: Wow! How did you find it?? That's awesome. Thanks so much.

clicked the link you posted, then clicked the 'source' link, downloaded, looked for addon.xml, zipped the subfolder, then installed it on Kodi Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using an add-on from another Kodi install0