EPG search does not search in description
Question 
Hello,

When I search the EPG (by bringing up the "Search guide" window), if I tick "Include description" and then click "Search", the search results do not actually search the descriptions. For example, I searched for "NFL" and only one program is found that has "NFL" in the title. However I know there was at least one other program with "NFL" in the description. This program did not come in search results.

I tested this with both the latest Kodi 17 rc3 for Windows and with Kodi 16.1 on my Cubox. Neither search seems to search the description of the programs.

Maybe this is a known issue or maybe the search of descriptions of programs cannot be performed.

Any thoughts?
Anybody? I figure somebody would look into this since it clearly does not work as it should. Should I post this in the development section as a bug?
If anybody is wondering, I found out this is a bug. Searching in description was never implemented in EPG search. There are items in the search dialog which simply have no implementation logic in the search component. Description is one example, ignore shows already recorded is another. (credit ksooo)
Just a quick heads-up. I implemented the missing functionality for Kodi v18 Leia. => https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11570
Thank you ksooo.

I will see if I can incorporate this in LibreELEC 7.0.2 with Kodi 16.1. I appreciate the work. This functionality is very useful for me when trying to find programs in the EPG.
ksooo,

I managed to update the code to implement "Search in Description". I looked at your pull above and only implemented what was needed to implement "Search in Description". The other fixes I didn't care about and/or I could not backport successfully.

Thank you for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG search does not search in description0