• 18(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
Does Skype work on shield?
Anybody know how to use the PIP feature in the shield?
(2017-01-27, 10:19)querty1000 Wrote: I can confirm this is the shield connected to a HDMI2 input with only HDCP1.4/UHD deep color. In this case the resolution is fixed to 4k/60Hz and RGB-8 709. If you alter f.e. to 4k/59,9 and OK-ed this, the shield switches back to 4k/60. the same is with the Color deep.
SPMC/KODI can't also switch any resolution or framerate

That's not the same as the quoted post. Your issue is a known issue and is listed in the OP of this thread.

(2017-01-27, 10:57)KaBoS Wrote: Hello guys
please answer
Can I Browser External storage in Kodi & Spmc ?

I tried to Browser (External storage) only shows Internal Memory folder
and I tried to Browser (Root Filesystem) But Nothing happens Not enter ,

Is it true that I need Root SHIELD or not ? .

You left out some important details, like how you are trying to browse your external storage.

But no, you don't need root to do so.

(2017-01-27, 14:27)lazarost Wrote: Tested the the new remote behavior (the douple tap to play/pause) on the Youtube app and I have to say I kinda like it.

It's not really a new feature, it's been available on the remote for some time, even before the latest update.

(2017-01-27, 19:41)ozkhan1 Wrote: Anybody know how to use the PIP feature in the shield?

Read the OP, it's under "Tips & Tricks".
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-01-26, 23:26)A600 Wrote: I saw this posted at the Nvidia forums:

Quote:Oh boy, in addition to the fact that I cannot even manually change the refresh rate any more, now Netflix contents with 23.976Hz (i.e. nearly everything) now shows a slight stutter every few seconds (refresh rate is fixed on 23.976Hz, as also the projector confirms). It's like the picture gets frozen for a very short fraction of a second every 5-10 seconds. It's VERY annoying. While the 3.x updates turned the Shield TV into a partly-annoying-but-with-workarounds-still-usable device, with the 5.0.2 update it now got totally unusable to me.

Could someone confirm this? There is no way I'm going to update if that's the case.

Might not be exactly the same, but I made a thread about a similar issue here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...th-5-0-2-/

I am still not sure if it is a Netflix streaming issue or framerate issue, will keep it updated once I do mo tests this weekend.

Also keep in mind I am very picky about the framerate so not everyone might notice, but it was definitely not happening on 3.3
(2017-01-27, 20:15)pedromvu Wrote: Might not be exactly the same, but I made a thread about a similar issue here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...th-5-0-2-/

I am still not sure if it is a Netflix streaming issue or framerate issue, will keep it updated once I do mo tests this weekend.

Also keep in mind I am very picky about the framerate so not everyone might notice, but it was definitely not happening on 3.3

Netflix has been acting screwy ever since they last updated their app. I've seen similar issues, even with 60Hz, even before the Nvidia update.

If you're having issues I suggest forcing close Netflix, this usually fixes Netflix playback issues (for a while anyway). Exiting doesn't close Netflix and rebooting may not do anything. If using "Force close" doesn't fix anything, try clearing the data.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-01-27, 20:38)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 20:15)pedromvu Wrote: Might not be exactly the same, but I made a thread about a similar issue here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...th-5-0-2-/

Netflix has been acting screwy ever since they last updated their app. I've seen similar issues, even with 60Hz, even before the Nvidia update.

If you're having issues I suggest forcing close Netflix, this usually fixes Netflix playback issues (for a while anyway). Exiting doesn't close Netflix and rebooting may not do anything. If using "Force close" doesn't fix anything, try clearing the data.

Haven't tested much with 60hz, but with 24hz there has always been an issue that every so often the framerate gets out of sync and I start to notice jumps in the frames like when playing 25hz content at 24, but I guess that's because the app doesn't officially support the specified refresh rate, same happens with Hulu.

Luckily this doesn't happen too often, you can watch entire movies without it happening, and when it happens a quick tap to the rewind button fixes it completely.

Will try clearing Netflix completely still, that was actually needed on my Fire TV because every so often the framerate starts getting weird stutters even in 60hz, something I have not experienced in the Shield.
(2017-01-27, 19:55)Tinwarble Wrote: You left out some important details, like how you are trying to browse your external storage.

But no, you don't need root to do so.
@Tinwarble
Thank you very much to Reply

my device Shield 2017 - Last update
I tried Kodi & Spmc
i can not add a video source External storage

Browser External storage
only shows Internal Memory folder
and
I tried to Browser Root Filesystem But Nothing happens Not enter ,

The problem is not for me only
forums.geforce Look Here

I do not know what is the problem In all my Android devices versions 4 & 5 & 6 With Root and Without Root
Kodi or Spmc Browsing Good and find my external storage !

I think there are problems With Android 7 I do not knowSad
It shouldn't require you to "Browse". Your external drive should show up under Videos > Files > Your_Drive.

The either pull up the context menu (long press select) and "Set content" or navigate to the folder you want to add and do the same.

You should also read the first and second post on the first page regarding External storage since things have changed and there are limitations to using it for your media, specifically being able to write to the drive.
having a issue, I updated to the latest Shield firmware, but now whenever I start a video, it stutters and get pixelated. These are blu-ray mkvs that I have never had issues with.

When I skip 30 sec into the video it starts to play fine.

Using shield 2015 latest firmware. SPMC from the play store.
Q. For those of you with SPMC Stutters and Pixellation, do you have Kodi Krypton RC minimised ?

ie. have you had Krypton running and not actually quit from the App. ?

As an experiment quit whatever Kodi, that may be minimised, quit SPMC and then try SPMC playback again.

I tried a reboot with nothing running and did not get stutters. But later in the day the stutter returned. If I skip 30sec ahead then back its fine. no issues.

I read on the Nvidia forums it has to do with the framerate switch. They said if they pause 2.5 seconds while the framerate switch is happening there is no stutters.
(2017-01-28, 20:04)aaron.fritz Wrote: I tried a reboot with nothing running and did not get stutters. But later in the day the stutter returned. If I skip 30sec ahead then back its fine. no issues.

I read on the Nvidia forums it has to do with the framerate switch. They said if they pause 2.5 seconds while the framerate switch is happening there is no stutters.

I have the new shield and after setting a delay of 2.5 seg the frame rate switching started to work flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone
For those folks interested in Hi-Res music, there is some good news. You can get 24-bit 96 & 192kHz Stereo output (HDMI) from Kodi and SPMC. Mind you, this is limited to stereo tracks (FLAC/WAV). Multichannel audio is still output as 16-bit 48kHz. There is no support for 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. 88.2 is output as 96kHz and 176.4 as 48kHz (I need to reconfirm this). I haven't checked whether USB audio output is different or not.

I also have to mention that the problem that I had reported here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...nt=4833633 has been fixed in update 5.0.2.
That is some really good news!
Was playing all that audio direct from my receiver, but this will make it alot easier and doable for my wife!
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
(2017-01-28, 21:21)Rpcz Wrote: I have the new shield and after setting a delay of 2.5 seg the frame rate switching started to work flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Where did you do this?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188