kore wont conect to any of windows machines
I found this what is my address i can't find this it does not exist. according to the faq i go here "Go to System->System info and take note of its IP address"" but that doesn't exist anywhere i changed the veiw to expert i still can not find info and it took me 2 weeks to find the go to system info in the first place. I'm trying to stay calm i am not an internet troll but trying to find information on kodi is harder than pulling teeth and it breaks me everytime
Well,you cant go wrong here,really.
No need to change to expert settings. Its therebin settings-system info or you are not running Kodi.
If its not there, tell us what you do see.
this is what i see https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbk6llfjk9zits...o.jpg?dl=0
OK, i see what's wrong.
This screen is the system settings screen.

You need to go to Settings - System Information, this will show your IP (Summary option).

But since you are running on Windows, you could just as easily do this in Win itself: Start -Run- Cmd-Ipconfig.
Your IP will be shown this way, as well.

Good Luck.
My new Kodi install with Kore, Kore installed on Galaxy S7 edge, and can not connect over wifi.

My laptop running Kodi runs 802.11 n while my S7 is connected over 802.11 a/c. My Gateway has separate connections, 2.5 and 5 GHz.

I log in to 2.5 on phone and Kore found the media center on laptop, but only if S7 connected to 2.5, Zeroconf running on Windows 7 64 bit machine, in 64 bit.

Initially Kore found media center initially, but no longer. When it did find it and I selected it, menu went to connection not established and forced me to manual configuration.

I checked the I.P. address and port, 8080. Says couldn't connect to Kodi/XBMC, check configuration.

I'm stumped.
Thanks
(2017-01-18, 11:45)Atreyu Wrote: OK, i see what's wrong.
This screen is the system settings screen.

You need to go to Settings - System Information, this will show your IP (Summary option).

But since you are running on Windows, you could just as easily do this in Win itself: Start -Run- Cmd-Ipconfig.
Your IP will be shown this way, as well.

Good Luck.

Ok i found all that in both ways actually and tried to set up manually but it still will not connect
I hhave now activated zeroconf but still cann noot conect with ANY remote software
Your issue is most likely network related.
Can you reach the kodi webpage from a remote browser?
Are you running a firewall, either buildin or 3rd party..?
What do yo mean "remotely "? I am not running any firewall
On your phone can you see kodis web page?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You now know your ip. Can you connect from any browser in your network to

Http://[yourIP]:8080 or :80. or whatever is configured for the webserver
Face palm! the wrong box was checked i have checked and rechecked if remote is enabled and thought it was more than once but its "allow remotes from this system" not the one fro other systems i did that and now it works. Thank you so much for your help.
ehm yeah, and theres that setting ;-)
Glad it works now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kore wont conect to any of windows machines0