viewing artist all have the same cover art.
im on kodi Jarvis, windows 7 pc, using skin Aeon MQ 7, no mods,.. running CDart Manager..
i am having issues when i look throw artist. every artist has the same cover art.. its annoying. once i click on artist, it displace fine.
please help .. how do i fix this issue. i posted images , to see the problem. thanks ...
Check to see if you a folder.jpg in your root music directory.
(2017-01-17, 19:26)helta Wrote: Check to see if you a folder.jpg in your root music directory.

i went threw 20 artist folders.. and they all have folder.jpg or cover.jpg..
Kodi does not use cover.jpg, although the CDArt addon might. But you need to check what Helta suggested.

Kodi identifies artists from the tags within music files, not your folder structure. Only when it comes to artwork (or NFO files) does it try to associate each artist with a folder. To do that it looks at where all the songs that have that artist are located and takes the folder common to all of them. That sounds fine when you have an mymusic/...artist/album/song folder structure with all the songs by an artist having a unique common folder. But what if you have compilation albums, or collaborations i.e. 2 artists in their own right make an album together. The common folder Kodi finds can be mymusic for a number of artists. If there is a folder,jpg in their then that image will be used for all those artists.

So don't care what you have in your artist folders, more a question of where is the image it is finding located, and are all the songs for an artist under a unique folder?
if i find the jpg . and delete it.. that will fix the issue?
yes all artist are in a folder of there own. and if i have multiple albums for the artist, i will have artist folder>album folder> album folder
(2017-01-18, 18:14)xbmcwood Wrote: if i find the jpg . and delete it.. that will fix the issue?
Yes, if that is the issue. Where, and if, you find the image will tell us about the problem. On the other hand it could be a corrupted thumbnail db, or CDArt doing something odd. But it is the best place to start.

You have a standard folder structure, fine. But do you have any compilations? Do you have any artists that have collaborated with another artist? Classical music, if you have any, does not fit into an MyMusic/artist/album folder structure at all well - orchestras and conductors tagged as album artists in different composer folders. You may not have classical music, but it illustrates whatI have been trying to describe.
(2017-01-17, 19:26)helta Wrote: Check to see if you a folder.jpg in your root music directory.

So if you have your folders set up as:

C:\Music\Artist1
C:\Music\Artist2

Check C:\Music for a folder.jpg which shouldn't be there.
So how do I go about, if I have my folders set up like this:

/music/jazz/artist/album/songs
/music/classic/artist/songs
/music/soundtrack/ost/songs

and I want to have covers for jazz, classic, soundtrack?
If you want local album images, not those embedded in the music files, then you need to have a folder for each album containing all the songs of that album. It does not matter how many folders down that album folder is, so divison jazz, classic etc. is fine.

music/jazz/artist/album/songs
/music/classic/artist/album/songs
/music/soundtrack/ost/album/songs

Which is what I think you meant. Disc sets, all same album name, are not so well supported because Kodi assumes that the art (or NFO) is in the folder immediately above the songs, and in a set with separate folders CD1, CD2 etc. that is not the case.

But the op here is about artist artwork (I think - they do call it covers, so maybe I misunderstand).

If you had a cross genre artist e.g. an artist1 such that

music/jazz/artist1/albumX/songs
music/classic/artist1/albumY/songs

or albums by artist2 in both

music/classic/artist3/albumY/songs

then Kodi would find music as the common folder for artist2 and look there for any artist2 artwork.
i found the song with that imaged embedded into the song, in the itunes folder..i deleted the song from computer.. then updated library in kodi .. same thing..
so what i did next is remove music source from kodi> uninstalled CDart Manager, deleted the folder that had all artwork , logos, fanart. from computer. rebooted computer, add music source, updated library, that image is still coming up, but not for every artist like b4.. so i installed CDart manager, run cdart. it did its thing.. now i get the right folder.jpg for alot of the artist.. but still have the annoying image for some.. its better then b4.. is there a cache image location where i could delete from??
An imbedded image is not going to be at fault. Look for a jpg, or png file somewhere.

Sorry don't know how CDArt works, or if it is contributing to this issue. Do the artists, it is an artist issue, that show this image have anything in common?
(2017-01-19, 13:09)DaveBlake Wrote: or albums by artist2 in both

music/classic/artist3/albumY/songs

then Kodi would find music as the common folder for artist2 and look there for any artist2 artwork.

So what you're saying is, that if I have the same 10 artists in both, jazz and classical, I need to have 10 artist jpgs in music/ ?
(2017-01-21, 12:33)Rusendusen Wrote: So what you're saying is, that if I have the same 10 artists in both, jazz and classical, I need to have 10 artist jpgs in music/ ?
No. Kodi will deduce music/ as the "artist folder" for all 10 artists, and look for a folder.jpg (or an artist.NFO). If it finds one it will use that one same image for all 10 artists. Moreover there is no way to automatically specify any other image - you can of course load it manually, but not get scanning or scraping to find it by default.

It is a major flaw in the current design. For artwork it presumes that all artists have a unique common folder containing all their music files somewhere beneath it. This simply isn't always possible - albums have multiple album artists, artists collaborate, some artists cross genres or sometimes it is convenient to divide music files in a way that results in an artist having music in diverse folders.
Hm... are there plans on changing that?
I've got lots of artists in multiple folders. With Reggae or Hip-Hop it's common for artists to publish songs on Riddims. Together with that they publish regular albums. So if one wants to separate these Riddims from the Albums that 'design flaw' is present...
Otoh, I don't know myself which artists picture should be used if there are more than one :-)
(2017-01-22, 18:21)Rusendusen Wrote: Hm... are there plans on changing that?
It is a design flaw; I am aware of it so have it on my Todo list - that is as planned as anything gets. Smile

I will try for v18, but since no one knows when that will be released, and I have no idea how much time I will take, as ever it is only an ambition not a promise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
viewing artist all have the same cover art.0