PVR.mythtv on Odroid C2
Hi all

Does anybody know what is needed in order to use the pvr.mythtv addon with kodi on odroid C2? I tried both on Ubuntu and Arch Linux. Kodi works fine, but the mythtv addon cannot be loaded. The error message is
Code:
ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV PVR Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
, no more information in the log. I compiled the addon from github (jarvis branch) and created a zip file. I have kodi-16.1. The exact same procedure works on my odroid C1, on RPI3 as well as on x86_64. LibreElec provides a version of the addon that works on Odroid C2, thus I think it should be doable in general. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Thread moved to MythTV section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Dunno but works fine on libreelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, the version from libreelec does work. I therefore tried to install the zip from here, however it does not work on Ubuntu/Arch Linux. Any hints about how this could be debugged? Or who (and how) compiled the addon shipped with libreelec?
It probably needs to be compiled in the same build environment as kodi was built.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
On Arch there is no package for kodi, so I compiled it myself. Even under this setup the result is as described. I guess this can be considered the same build environment?
After debugging this another weekend, I figured out a solution. The key was I realized that it is not a pvr.mythtv problem (other pvr addons don't work either), but a general problem with aarch64. The solution was as follows: On Arch Linux, the following made the plugin work:

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-i486-linux.so

On Ubuntu Mate, the following did the trick:

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.addon/libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.guilib/libKODI_guilib-i486-linux.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-arm64.so /usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.xbmc.codec/libXBMC_codec-i486-linux.so

The addon compiles fine and is installable, but fails on enabling. After creating the above symlinks, the addon can be enabled and works as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR.mythtv on Odroid C20