Some shows in directories named "Show Name, the" not being picked up
I recently switched from a custom-built Linux HTPC right down to a Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC. My media collection hasn't changed at all -- it's all living on NAS and accessed via NFS.

I was using the TVDB scraper before and still am now, but likely different versions. For some reason certain shows which were fine before are not being picked up on the new hardware. The ones I've noticed so far are the Simpsons, the IT Crowd, and the Walking Dead.

Oddly, there are messages in the log about the Walking Dead and the IT Crowd, but nothing at all about the Simpsons. The messages I see are:

Code:
WARNING: No information found for item '/mnt/nas/media/video/shows/IT Crowd, the/', it won't be added to the library.
WARNING: No information found for item '/mnt/nas/media/video/shows/Walking Dead, the/', it won't be added to the library.

Other shows in directories titled the same way, such as "Event, the", "Big Bang Theory, the", "Last Man on Earth, the", are being picked up just fine.

Inside the directories files are all named in much the same way.

Any idea what could be wrong? I'd rather not rename the directories if I can avoid it.
Nobody?
As a workaround you could add a tvshow.nfo file to force the scraper to use the correct show.
My first guess would be that the scraper has problems with the article behind the showname but since some of the shows don't have this problem I have no clue what's wrong.

Hope the workaround solves your problem.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
This is a great workaround; thanks.

For anyone else who has this issue, I used the URL form of the tvshow.nfo file. In short, put a file containing just the metadata URL for the TV show in a file called tvshow.nfo in the root directory of the TV show. Mine are URLs to thetvdb pages.

For most shows, all I had to do was add this file and then update the library.

The Simpsons still didn't get picked up. I switched on debug logging and scrutinized the log. Kodi thought the show was "Jessica Simpson's something something" and couldn't find season 28 episode something and I guess was giving up. I did something like move the directory to something hidden, clean the library, move the directory back (to the same name as before) and update library again, and then it got picked up. Weird.

The Walking Dead was more stubborn. I noticed in the debug log that it wasn't even trying to read my nfo file. It was grabbing a particular zip file from thetvdb and finding no useful information in it. I downloaded this particular zip file and looked at the data inside. It was a "403: Series Not Permitted" error, like http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=313081 (this was the show ID this path was associated with). I renamed the directory to something else and updated the library, and the show got picked up properly right away. I wanted to know why so I undid that (renamed back and cleaned library), then looked at the video database. I found that the path was associated with that non-existent TV show 313081. I cleared out the bad rows from the tvshowlinkpath, tvshow, and path tables, and now the show is picked up properly.

Bit of a mystery as to how it got into that bad state. And I don't know why renaming and then unrenaming the Simpsons directory sorted out whatever that issue was but the same didn't work for the Walking Dead.

Still, it's OK now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some shows in directories named "Show Name, the" not being picked up0