Recommended Flash Drives for nVidia Shield TV 2017 (Kodi on Adopted Storage)
This thread is for USB 3.0 flash drive recommendations, preferably from people who have actual experience with specific models. I just purchased the 16GB nVidia Shield 2017 version and want to expand the storage via a flash drive. I know read/write speeds are published for many models...but sometimes they are inaccurate and also may have other underlying issues. For instance, I tried using this Samsung 128GB Duo drive, which has mostly good reviews: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-128GB-Fla...B017DH3NXI

The Shield wouldn't even format it. It spent 20 minutes trying, then gave me a format failure message. When I pulled the drive out, I nearly burned my fingers as it was scorching hot. I even tried pointing a fan at it while it was formatting, and still the same result.

The next flash drive I tried was a PNY 64GB: https://www.amazon.com/PNY-DUO-LINK-Andr...01FB5HAOM/

This one successfully formatted. When I loaded my movie library of 700 Blu Ray rips, it took about 8 hours to process. When it finished, scrolling through my library was unbearably slow and it would intermittently freeze, covers would appear blank, and so on and so forth. It was basically unusable. Once I removed the flash drive out of the equation and just relied on the internal storage, everything was as quick and snappy as can be.

Anybody have a large library of movies on Kodi and also using adopted storage via a USB flash drive? Links to specific models would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for 64GB at the least, preferably 128GB. And of course, something that runs as smooth as the internal storage of the Shield and doesn't overheat when I try to format it.
This Recommended USB Flash drives for SHIELD TV thread from the Nvidia Shield TV forum should be helpful.
Exactly what I was looking for, thank you for the link. Will wait for a sale on the 128GB Samsung Metal Bar drive. Hopefully these don't overheat though. I have the 64GB version so I will give it a try beforehand to see if it performs well. From what I remember though, they tend to get a little hot when used.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended Flash Drives for nVidia Shield TV 2017 (Kodi on Adopted Storage)0