Network TV Tuners and Network Traffic
And how about the hardware solutions from dvblogic?
The HDHR tuners have some problems with DVB-T2 in Germany, but theirs is HEVC; this May no longer be the case. I have not heard of issues with DVB-T2 in UK.
(2017-08-25, 16:29)elsmandino Wrote: Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, DVB-C won't work here in the UK for terrestrial TV - a real shame as if a DVB-T2 version were available, I am sure they would sell loads of them.

I even wrote to SiliconDust to ask if they ever have any plans for a quad DVB-T2 Expand and they confirmed that they have no intention of doing so.

I am currently planning to switch to the satellite route with one of these instead:

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en...IGIBIT-R-1

Should work just as well.

The reason that I have left things until now was that I watch "Dave" a lot and it was missing from the 28.2e satellite feed. However, it has just moved across, so I can go ahead with my new set up now.

I am presently using a Digibit R1 and find it very good over the past couple of months.
I wanted a quad DVB-T/2 receiver similar to it but have failed to find something at reasonable (for me) price.

I have decided to build my own using DVB-T dongles and a R-Pi (with tvheadend) which will also be able to utilitse the Digibit and make all the channels available over the LAN .... both Satellite and Terrestrial. The R-Pi will act as a network server for all recordings, live TV and other media.

BTW, that Digibit can use a Unicable II LNB which would reduce the number of coax cables needed. Wink
(2017-08-25, 16:32)Plantje Wrote: And how about the hardware solutions from dvblogic?

I did not find what I was looking for there, but was quite surprised at this review of the

"DVBLogic DVBLink personal TV server" software, costing £37, on this site

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/soft...w-3516797/

It shows a pic which to my eyes is Kodi .........

Something a little strange here as I can not find any source code on their site ...... but maybe I missed it?
No, not strange. DVBLink is commercial software. There is a PVR client for Kodi to interact with the server, just as there is a PVR client for WMC, which also does not have the source code available.
(2017-08-26, 06:09)rpcameron Wrote: No, not strange. DVBLink is commercial software. There is a PVR client for Kodi to interact with the server, just as there is a PVR client for WMC, which also does not have the source code available.

Thanks.

Pity the review did not make it clear that the pic is of a Kodi PVR plugin to the main software as you describe. Wink
(2017-08-26, 10:45)JohnBoyz Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 06:09)rpcameron Wrote: No, not strange. DVBLink is commercial software. There is a PVR client for Kodi to interact with the server, just as there is a PVR client for WMC, which also does not have the source code available.

Thanks.

Pity the review did not make it clear that the pic is of a Kodi PVR plugin to the main software as you describe. Wink
But presumably you knew that if you have done your research while searching for a pvr solution. PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-08-26, 10:59)nickr Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 10:45)JohnBoyz Wrote:

Thanks.

But presumably you knew that if you have done your research while searching for a pvr solution. PVR (wiki)

Thank you for your presumption.
(2017-08-26, 02:45)JohnBoyz Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 16:32)Plantje Wrote: And how about the hardware solutions from dvblogic?

I did not find what I was looking for there, but was quite surprised at this review of the

"DVBLogic DVBLink personal TV server" software, costing £37, on this site

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/soft...w-3516797/

It shows a pic which to my eyes is Kodi .........

Something a little strange here as I can not find any source code on their site ...... but maybe I missed it?
I have paid for this software and it has been the best paid software ever! Great support, does what it's supposed to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network TV Tuners and Network Traffic0