PMIII Mod: "View: Info" without using Database-Mode?
Hi,

Is it possible to modify the PMIII Skin in a way that I can use "View: Info" without using Database-Mode?

I already tried to change MyVideoNav.xml and managed to implement "info". However it does not show the description --> not available. (This is already loaded via scraper)

This is what I've changed:
Code:
</control>
        <include>OldListViewCommons</include>
        [b]<include>VideoLibraryList2View</include>[/b]
        [b]<include>VideoLibraryWideIcon_Small</include>[/b]
        <include>AllViewCommonThumbSmall</include>
        <include>AllViewCommonThumbLarge</include>
        <include>VideoDVDThumbLarge</include>
        <include>VideoDVDWrapView</include>
        <include>WideIcon_Big</include>
        <include>VideoViewCommons_BigList</include>
        <include>AllViewCommonPageControls</include>
        <include>windowswitchtransition</include>
    </controls>

I tried different positions for the new lines of code, but this only seems to have effect on the display itself. (Wrong position causes strange errors in appearance)

Cheers
Files view doesn't have the information available.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Means: No change to get it working somehow?

Cheers
So, is there an easy way to implement series into the DB which are not listed in any online Database? (that the case with many non-english series).
That I can see all the series/movies which are actually imported into the DB an these which are not in the "view info"?
Yes.

If you're talking about TV shows, I would recommend getting an account at TheTVDB.com. There, if the series doesn't exist, you can create it so your scrapers will work - it's a lot of manual work, but it pays off. This way, other people with the same series don't have to create all of their information as well.

My brother has a lot of anime, and he created his own videodb.xml file to import that contained all of the information from the shows that didn't exist on a scraped website, but I'm not entirely sure how he went about doing that.

As for movies, you can always create a .nfo file for the movie information [See here for more info]. If the movie exists on IMDb.com, you can just put the web link in the nfo file, and if it doesn't, then follow the example at the link, and you can create your own information for the video. I believe that XBMC will always look for (and use) the .nfo file before scraping for information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PMIII Mod: "View: Info" without using Database-Mode?0