Solved - CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35)
(2017-01-21, 22:20)triptolemeus Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 22:08)gilcoh Wrote: Hey man, can you please elaborate with the exact packages and versions?
Thanks

I stopped kodi first, then I removed a handful packages that I installed as I tried to fix this issue and curl. This will remove kodi as well, just saying.
Code:
sudo apt-get remove python-openssl python-cryptography python-setuptools python-pkg-resources curl

Then I installed kodi again:
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi

Then I installed the python-software-properties, which installed python-pycurl as well:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties

As for the version numbers, I just use the standard ubuntu xenial sources and I have backports and security updates enabled.

God bless you my friend! it works!!!
Thanks a lot
Great that it worked for you too! Happy viewing!
(2017-01-21, 22:20)triptolemeus Wrote: I stopped kodi first, then I removed a handful packages that I installed as I tried to fix this issue and curl. This will remove kodi as well, just saying.

Thank you very much for this. I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why Kodi kept crashing. After following your explanation, Kodi now works great. Hasn't crashed since I followed it.

One warning for any one else following this though, please be very careful with following the steps. I run Linux Mint Mate, and uninstalling Python as explained by triptolemeus, will also remove some important system files such as (mate-applets mate-control-center mate-desktop mate-indicator-applet mate-panel caja caja-folder-color-switcher curl wine and playonlinux), so make sure you make a note of what it is removing, and reinstall them before you shutdown or reboot your computer. Otherwise you may have a major issue on your hand, if you don't.

Blue
I'm also getting these "ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL connect error(35)" errors on my Windows 10 machine. I also have Python v2.7 and v3.6 installed on the same drive as Kodi. Is this causing the problem? If so, is the only solution to uninstall Python & Kodi and start over? The (latest) errors are coming from trying to update Repositories. I've also been having some issues after cleaning out the Thumbnail Cache (not sure they are related). Thanks in advance.
(2017-06-09, 21:52)jdswitz Wrote: I'm also getting these "ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL connect error(35)" errors on my Windows 10 machine. I also have Python v2.7 and v3.6 installed on the same drive as Kodi. Is this causing the problem? If so, is the only solution to uninstall Python & Kodi and start over? The (latest) errors are coming from trying to update Repositories. I've also been having some issues after cleaning out the Thumbnail Cache (not sure they are related). Thanks in advance.
probably unrelated to this thread. Post a Debug Log in the windows sub forum
(2017-01-21, 22:20)triptolemeus Wrote: I stopped kodi first, then I removed a handful packages that I installed as I tried to fix this issue and curl. This will remove kodi as well, just saying.
Code:
sudo apt-get remove python-openssl python-cryptography python-setuptools python-pkg-resources curl

Then I installed kodi again:
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi

Then I installed the python-software-properties, which installed python-pycurl as well:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties

As for the version numbers, I just use the standard ubuntu xenial sources and I have backports and security updates enabled. 
This solved my issue after an upgrade from Ubuntu 14 to 16. Thanks a lot!
@triptolemeus
Thanks a million, man!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solved - CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35)1