How do I netboot?
I have read https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...utorial.md but he instructions say you need 2 Pi's and rapsbian. I can't find Kodi based instructions anywhere.

I'd like to be able to use my NAS (QNAP T-128) as the server.

I am currently running the last Krypton LE RetroPlayer build and was hoping to use netbook so I can save this image and try the newer Leia builds.
You won't find Kodi based instructions as netbooting your RPi has nothing to do with Kodi.

The simplest RPi netbooting setup requires a second computer on your network (could be another RPi, or a PC, or your QNAP) to act as the tftp server with an exported NFS partition that would contain your RPi boot files. When using LE you'll also need to specify the location of the /storage (disk=) partition - this could be SD, USB or anther exported NFS partition.

So, if your QNAP can be configured to run a tftp server, and you can configure your dhcp server with the details of your tftp server, then you should be able to netboot your RPi using your QNAP.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I netboot?0