Win on 4k TV switch to full-HD 3D hw
Hello community,

I'm using the latest Version of Kodi (17 RC3) on an LG UHD TV.
On my old full-HD TV the 3D hardware feature was great, because the TV automatically switched to the right 3D mode.

Now with 4k resolution set, hardware 3D is not possible, if you don't change the resolution to 1080p before.
Please add a new feature that changes the resolution to 1080p with hardware 3D automatically when playing 3D content.

br
Andy
Hey Andy,

thanks for your report. Our developer fritsch was kind enough to give a fix for this a try. I'm currently preparing a test build for you with his changes. The build is based on latest nightly, thus v18 alpha. Build should be ready for testing in about an hour form now on. Please grab it from here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/ - the build should contain "daanda3d" in it's name.

Fritsch mentioned though, that you're probably better off with running Kodi in 1080p, as our upscalers for the GUI are not the best, and your TV will do a better job. Even though Kodi is running in 1080p, 4K videos should still be played back in 4K if you enable refreshrate switching, as Kodi will switch to 4K resolution on 4K material, just not the other way around atm.
Hey da-anda,

that sounds really great. Maybe I can test that this week.
Kodi 17 doesn't look that bad with a 4k resolution

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
on 4k TV switch to full-HD 3D hw0