Minimalistic blank canvas skin for beginner
I have been playing around with editing skins lately and would really like to try make my own basic skin to learn the basic skin structure. I have been searching this forum and it seems like the way to go is editing an existing skin slowly which I have been doing past few weeks. I read there was foundation skin a while back for Frodo. Is there anything similar or a very basic skin that would be a good start in Krypton or Leia? Or is it better to learn with an older version of Kodi? I have also tried editing the default Estuary skin but finding it difficult to know what code can be removed to take it back to basics without all the widgets and addons. The information in the "skinning manual" is amazing, thank you so much! Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction. ThanksSmile
The most basic skin I have found is igconq I think conq was started by Hitcher and Bobcratchet did the igconq to update it to Krypton.... He has basically everything commented so it is alot easy to follow .... You will still have a lot of search to make all the peace s work out.... But I would recommend it that is the one I am using for guide to make the my skin.... If you think you are going to post your work on here and u do use anyone's skin shoot them a on first to be sure they are okay with you using it and just out of respect. Have fun it's addicting and be ready to read alot the skining manual will be you best friend.

O and always read the readme to any add-on you going to use most of the time the answer is already there .
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Also it is your preference but for me I figure go with the newest scheme Krypton is coming out and if u make a skin for jarvis then it will not be usable for Krypton or v18
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Thank you very much, Conq looks like a great starting point! Having all the comments is really helpful as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimalistic blank canvas skin for beginner0