v17 Buffering only caches a fixed amount
I've searched the forum and can't seem to find my issue. I also read the stickies, so I hope I have everything that is needed here. If not, my apologies and just let me know what else is needed.

I've recently upgraded from Kodi on my RPi2, to an HTPC and have run into a problem. This problem was not present on my RPi2 and is new to my HTPC. I stream files from an FTP server I have, via HTTP. However, I've noticed that Kodi only seems to buffer ahead a fixed amount. Once it has reached that fixed amount it will not buffer more than that, so when I pause a video and it reaches that small limit, it no longer continues to buffer ahead. On my RPi2, it would never stop buffering, so when paused for long enough, the entire video would be buffered.

My advancedsettings.xml reads as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>30</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

I'm running:

Kodi 17.0-RC3 GIT:20170111-4D93228-DIRTY
Win10 Pro x64 version 1607
Pentium G4560 x64 (Kaby lake)
8GB DDR4 2400MHz (2x4GB sticks)
120GB SATA 3 SSD
2TB USB 3.0 HDD

Many thanks.
Seems like you use kodi 17 but still use the old advancedsettings for cache (they have change in kodi 17)

Try with the new one (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_th...17_changes) and report back if it still does not work
Moanbag is in da place!
Well, don't I feel stupid. I even got my settings from that page, I must have missed it. Problem solved, many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering only caches a fixed amount0