Clean install of v16.1 - can't open official Backup app
As in the title, I've just bought a 2017 nvidia Shield TV and installed Kodi via Google Play.

I then installed the Backup app via the Kodi repository (with the intention of restoring my build I'd backed up from my FireTV box)

Everything seemed to be going as usual, with the various parts coming up quickly as installed, and finally the backup app notified as being installed too...followed by an 'error - see log' message.

When I try to start it, I get the error message every time. I've got the log viewer installed, but it all means nothing to me I'm afraid.

Can anyone help me out here plz?

Thanks in advance if you can...
I have exactly the same problem.
There is something wrong with the 1.08 Version
I still use the 1.06 and it works perfect. Nice bugfixes by the way !

If you have 1.06 installed or not the 1,08 doesnt work for some reason.

I using kodi 16.1 on fire tv
Been doing some more digging this morning, as it was doing my head in last night, so had to pack in for my own sanity's sake Smile

It seems like the Backup program is borked somehow. Others having the same issue's HERE where I probably should have posted last night, but as I said, by then, my head was a bit mashed Wink
on my apple tv 4 with kodi 17 it is working
(2017-01-23, 12:30)delaware Wrote: I have exactly the same problem.
There is something wrong with the 1.08 Version
I still use the 1.06 and it works perfect. Nice bugfixes by the way !

If you have 1.06 installed or not the 1,08 doesnt work for some reason.

I using kodi 16.1 on fire tv

I'm using v1.08 (which is from the kodi repo) on Kodi 16.1 too. How could I swap it to v1.06??
I have the zip file. I did make it myself in the past
It's OK, I've done a manual restore of my build from the backup.zip (unzipped the file and copied over the two 'addons & userdata' folders onto my Shield TV)

Out of interest, how did you do your own zip file out of v1.0.6?
when you make a backup. of all your addons
just zip the folder.. thats it..

I hope they fix soon the Bug for 1.08 Kodi 16.1
It's a known issue with the add-on and is being worked on by its author - see here .
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's been fixed with version 1.09 thanks to Rob Weber Big Grin. Enjoy your Backups....and keep them secure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean install of v16.1 - can't open official Backup app0