any 2.4GHz remote that doesn't require pressing buttons twice?
I bought two 2.4 GHz remotes (not at the same time). One is the Rii i7 mini, the other is the Lynec C2. Both of them seem to have some sort of timeout (10-30 seconds) after which they shut off and then you need to press a button twice for it to register. Concretely, while watchign some video, if I haven't used the remote for 30 seconds and want to, say, increase the volume, then pressing the VolUp button once on the remote does nothing (*) and pressing it again then it works. Super annoying ... the Rii i7 is atrocious sometimes as it seems to have some deep sleep requiring 5-10 seconds to wake up for the first time!

(*) The Lynec C2 has an LED which stays lit while the remote accepts key presses. I can definitely see it come on on the first button press.

Are there any 2.4GHz remotes that don't have this idiotic behavior?

I know the IR remotes don't have this problem. I have one with a USB IR receiver and it works, but I can't get a direct line of sight to the receiver, which is why I'd like a 2.4 Ghz one.

All my keyboards and mice are 2.4Ghz whose batteries last many months (with heavy usage too), and they don't do this crap, so this auto-poweroff is not needed to save battery.

Many thanks in advance
2.4GHz MINIX A2 Lite - works with everything I plug it into. Android, LibreELEC, OSX

No sleep mode or annoying double button presses Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
any 2.4GHz remote that doesn't require pressing buttons twice?0