Win Remote Control Issue
I've had this issue for a while but just haven't got round to asking the question. I have a media centre PC running Kodi perfectly.

I've got an Infrared remote control I use which works great apart from if I use the arrows to scroll around the movies for example, and press the button to open the context menu (ie right click), it opens the menu on wherever the mouse is at that point, not the movie I have highlighted via the arrows?

This is the remote I have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Control...tre+remote

Any ideas how to sort this? Do I need to disable the mouse in Kodi or something?
That's been a 'thing' for some time. I've just gotten in the habit of flicking my mouse to the right edge of the screen somewhere so it never hovers over anything selectable. It was making me crazy for a while when I'd start Kodi and the mouse was somewhere in the lower-left of the screen and I couldn't even navigate unless I moved the mouse away. Took a while to figure out :-)
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2017-01-23, 13:15)Rhys15 Wrote: I've had this issue for a while but just haven't got round to asking the question. I have a media centre PC running Kodi perfectly.

I've got an Infrared remote control I use which works great apart from if I use the arrows to scroll around the movies for example, and press the button to open the context menu (ie right click), it opens the menu on wherever the mouse is at that point, not the movie I have highlighted via the arrows?

This is the remote I have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Control...tre+remote

Any ideas how to sort this? Do I need to disable the mouse in Kodi or something?

If you use the arrows on the keyboard, stick to the keyboard. Use the C on the keyboard to bring up the context menu, backspace to go back one screen, esc to go back home. I have a variety remotes and mouse that I never use anymore. I have one of those wireless keyboard with the touch pad on the right if I ever need to use it as a mouse.....which is very seldom in Kodi. I use that touch pad mostly in Windows itself.
(2017-01-23, 17:58)RavRob Wrote: If you use the arrows on the keyboard, stick to the keyboard. Use the C on the keyboard to bring up the context menu, backspace to go back one screen, esc to go back home. I have a variety remotes and mouse that I never use anymore. I have one of those wireless keyboard with the touch pad on the right if I ever need to use it as a mouse.....which is very seldom in Kodi. I use that touch pad mostly in Windows itself.

I mean the arrows on the remote control - not the keyboard. I only use the remote control.

Seems like it's one of those rather annoying things unless anyone else has an answer?
(2017-01-23, 13:15)Rhys15 Wrote: I've got an Infrared remote control I use which works great apart from if I use the arrows to scroll around the movies for example, and press the button to open the context menu (ie right click), it opens the menu on wherever the mouse is at that point, not the movie I have highlighted via the arrows?

Do I understand the above correctly: If you press "the button" the remote sends "right click" to Kodi? Can't you just change the mapping of "the button" (which one is that btw?)? You could do that either with the config tool of the remote itself or via editing the keymap and map that button to send "c" to Kodi in order to open the context menu.
i sugest you to simply use the "long press"(ok or enter) button on the remote, this will get the context menu to you. And its suported since kodi 16.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control Issue0