Bad Buffering with BluRays on latest nightly iOS iPad Pro
Title says it all. I started on TVOS and loved to latest iOS to see if it was just the ATV4 build but the problem persists on a new iPad Pro 12" using latest nightly build.

Using NFS.

Tried tweaking the playback settings and helped a tad using audio pass through and disabling interlacing but still unwatchable.

Note the BluRay is a direct rip, no transcoding.

The NFS server is verified 50MB/s throughout via testing (I tuned the kernel TCP stack), and network is 802.11ac 5Ghz.

Anyone got this working with smooth playback?
(2017-01-24, 01:15)dcooper2025 Wrote: Title says it all. I started on TVOS and loved to latest iOS to see if it was just the ATV4 build but the problem persists on a new iPad Pro 12" using latest nightly build.

Using NFS.

Tried tweaking the playback settings and helped a tad using audio pass through and disabling interlacing but still unwatchable.

Note the BluRay is a direct rip, no transcoding.

The NFS server is verified 50MB/s throughout via testing (I tuned the kernel TCP stack), and network is 802.11ac 5Ghz.

Anyone got this working with smooth playback?

Fyi MrMc (tvOS app in the App Store based on the older XBMC code base) plays back my BluRay and 1080p content perfectly on the same ATV4. I have a solution!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bad Buffering with BluRays on latest nightly iOS iPad Pro0