Android Xiaomi MDZ-16-AB , DTS-MA , True-HD
I have recently acquired a Xiaomi MDZ-16-AB. It runs marshmallow 6.0.1 , and it is updated to the latest build (699). As of this build , passthrough for DTS and TrueHD is supported. I have been using Kodi for years on pc , and all codecs are fully supported by my Harmon Kardon avr-254. Passthrough works for me , but not all codecs. DTS-HD Master and True-HD do not work. My avr simply stalls when those streams are selected. The thing is the following codecs will bitstream with no issues : Dolby Digital and DD+, DTS , DTS-ES Matrix , DTS-ES Discrete. But no matter what setting I choose, DTSHD MA , True HD won't work. The weirdest thing is that my friend as the exact same box , exact same build , with exact same kodi release as I am using kodi-17.0-Krypton_rc3-armeabi-v7a.apk. The only difference is that he has a different receiver, not sure which brand. On his setup , DTSHD MA and True HD also work. I doubt it simply something I have overlooked. When I revert to my PC all is fine. My system settings are in expert mode and I have toggled both DTS-HD and True-HD on. I have also tried the latest nightlies , but same behavior on all of the releases I tried. Thanks for your time, and all the work you guys put in this software.

In both cases I see : ERROR: AESinkAUDIOTRACK - Unable to create AudioTrack

DTS-HD MA Debug log

True-HD Debug log
Confirming you have HDMI Passthrough selected in Android Settings > Sounds > Digital Sounds ?

And you are using IEC Audio passthrough in Krypton RC ?

Disable adjust refreshrate. It's known causing issues.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks to both of you for the prompt reply.

Android sound settings set to HDMI
Adjust Display Refresh Rate : Already set to off.

Under system settings, Audio decoder , Audio Output Device : android, audiotrack (greyed out)
Under system settings , Audio Passthrough, Passthrough output device : android, audiotrack (greyed out)

How can I choose IEC Audio passthrough ? Any setting will activate the choice? (My friend's exact same hardware is set to audiotrack, greyed out)

Using SPMC , I have the following 3 Audio Output Devices : Android, PCM / Android IEC Passthrough, Android, RAW passthrough. SPMC will actually send DTS-HD MA Hi Resolution to my receiver , but there is no sound output. I'm guessing since SPMC studders so much on this device that it is the reason I don't hear anything even though my AVR says it receives that stream.

I'm pretty sure I matched my friends settings everywhere in the Android box , but it could always be something I missed..

The CPU is a AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64)
Hardware: Amlogic

If there are any more tests I could do and provide logs for them, I would be happy to do so.
I would go into Android Settings > Apps and "Force Stop" both SPMC and whatever version of Kodi you have running OR Quit both applications and only use one of them at any given time.

I've actually found with Kodi Krypton RC, minimised in the background video playback was terrible in a SPMC 16.5.5. Lots of stuttering and picture breakup. I Quit Kodi Krypton and normal playback resumed in SPMC. Not sure what was going on there,

You are right about the android, audio track being greyed out in Krypton RC. I see the same here. No IEC Passthrough in Krypton as an option. I was mistaken as I saw it in SPMC.
Does RAW Passthrough still work in SPMC ?

Only thing I can suggest wipe all cache's of both Apps and as a last resort a Factory Reset.

Android IEC Audio Passthrough with Kodi is so new, there are bound to be issues.

I have tried to clear cache and data , and factory reset, but exact same behavior with both Kodi first, then I tried SPMC again, and same studdering. I did root this device at one point, by installing an older developper's build,But I have since factory reset a few times, and updated to the latest build which is a commercial build,which removed root completely, but I doubt rooting it in a previous build , and factory reset in most recent build has anything to do with my issue. I did run kodi and spmc while rooted, but did nothing else but to connect my ps3 gamepad. I have created 2 more logs with audio component selected, and there are many errors it seems. One keeps mentioning DEBUG: CDVDClock::ErrorAdjust - CVideoPlayerAudio::OutputPacket - error:16369.956124, adjusted:16369.956124 and the other DEBUG: CheckPlayerInit - dropping packet type:1 dts:11573000.000000 to get to start point at 17357000.000000

I understand that all this is still fairly new, but the fact that it works for my friend and not for me is bugging me. I would let go if it didn't work on both Wink I will see him in a few days and will bring my device over to test on his receiver. I also never had any issues with kodi ever since the first xbox days. xbmc/kodi on my PC as been treating me very well for the past years. I can always fall back to it if I need to play those codecs, but its kinda sad because kodi on android just runs so great. I was going to just move my library with my transparency! skin, but the default skin in Krypton is just so sleek, I can't decide anymore. I know things will get ironed out eventually, especially with android N and beyond..

New log with audio component added

Another log
Log is fine concerning audio. Video is the problem. Can you try with mediacodec disabled?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And I would suggest testing with known, properly encoded A/V Samples:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

So 2 months later , same problems persist. I have tried all the known working samples linked by wrxtasy but to no avail. The same codecs work and the same codecs fail. Any other suggestions? I'm still stumped as to why it works fine using my pc , but with the mibox it fails. I also used my friend's mibox where all the codecs work in his AVR , and same problems on my end. I have also tried with mediacodec enabled or disabled. Is this a lost cause ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi MDZ-16-AB , DTS-MA , True-HD0