Video Library & Watch Filtering
Hey all,

We have a LOT of TV Shows on our XBMC. I recently built a second XBMC for the living room, and we took all our shows we have on DVD (along with all the movies) and ripped them and put them on the network where the XBMCs can get at them. This is so totally awesome, but it results in a lot of shows. This isn't so much of a problem because of the awesome library system XBMC has, but there is one small issue that we do run into.

New episodes. With so many shows it is hard to know when there are new episodes of something. Now, I know XBMC has a watch/unwatched filter but my problem is that it doesn't really work as expected. The filtering seems to take place at the episode view and not at the higher views. If I have an entire show, every season, marked as watched, then when I set the XBMC to show me unwatched episodes only, that tv show shouldn't even be listed in the views. As it is now, even when set to unwatched, every single show is still listed. You have to select each and every show, then you need to select the latest season, before finally seeing if there are any new episodes or not.

So here is my "Feature Suggestion". Filter higher up, at the show and season levels. If a season has no unwatched episodes, then don't display that season. If a show has no unwatched episodes/seasons, then don't display that show. Obviously i'm referring to the "UnWatched" filter. If the filter is set to Watched it shoudl work the same way, just opposite of course.
You'll have to code up the SQL queries yourself. Assuming they're fast enough, it'll be added to SVN. You can use something like SQLiteSpy on win32 to test stuff out.

To grab the current queries, grab VideoDatabase.cpp from SVN, and check out the Get*Nav() routines.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library & Watch Filtering0