Bug Ever notice there are issues with using variables to display addon icons?
I've known about this one for a while, wondering if it is worth reporting on trac...

I've found that when using a variable to display icons in Addon Browser, the variable always returns a path whether the list item has an icon or not. So the default icon is never displayed.

If, instead of using a variable, I use $INFO[ListItem.Icon] as the texture, the fallback default icon is displayed if the list item icon is missing.

Since I'm using the same view for multiple content types, I'm currently using a separate image control just for addon content. It would be nice if addon icons were handled like any other content.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?
Little late to agree maybe... but this is very annoying .... I would have thought if a addon made it into the official repo that it would at least have a ICON... there are more then a few that do not have fanart or icon and listitem.icon still give the addons path so you cant use a variable. For me using shadows it leaves a ugly dark spot..

anyone got a way around this or can we make some bull crap icons and have them added to the addon to prevent this?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Yeah I remember this being mentioned previously. Definitely think it is worth reporting.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I thought everyone had to have a icon and fanart. Just to get in the repo.. I geuss not....

While on this is the a way to captialize the first letter of a listitem label I like to make all the add-ons names at least start off consistent.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Yup, its the lazy devs system scripts Tongue

jic: I <3 the devs Wink
Icons, like folder names and window names are full of inconsistencies that I could live without

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ever notice there are issues with using variables to display addon icons?0