TriggerChannelUpdate doesn't seem to create EPG for added channels
(Version: Krypton RC3 / Windows)

Hi! I've been having a problem with the PVR callbacks when new channels are added via a TriggerChannelUpdate operation. The channel(s) themselves are added into Kodi just fine and are usable, but they aren't getting the EPG created for them. So, when I subsequently call TriggerEpgUpdate for those channel(s), I get the "invalid channel or channel doesn't have an EPG" error in the logs.

Restarting Kodi (or after looking in the code it appears a suspend/wake might do it too?) fixes the problem provided the new channel(s) are reported on the first call into the addon's GetChannels() entry point.

I can't find a way to force Kodi to trigger the EPG creation for newly added channel(s) real-time. Am I overlooking something, and if so I apologize for my ignorance, or is this something that needs to be addressed in the PVR code, adding a call to create the EPG for newly added channels, perhaps in or around CPVRChannelGroupInternal::AddAndUpdateChannels?

Appreciate any assistance Wink
Hi djp952

I'm getting this same problem. I have implemented a channel scanner on the pvr.hts addon for Tvheadend, but after it finished i can reload the cannel list but can't trigger an EPG update for the new channels.

Do you have fixed this?

Best regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TriggerChannelUpdate doesn't seem to create EPG for added channels0