Video not playing from MythTV Back-end KODI 17
I apologise for this question - I am sure there is a simple solution. I normally use KODI 16 as front ends for MythTV using a Raspberry Pi. All my movies etc are stored on the MythTV back-end. I recently purchased a new Android TV box which was not fully compatible with the MythTV plug-in (it needed a newer kernal). As a result I had to install KODI 17 on the new one. The TV part of works correctly, but I am not able to play any videos stored on the MythTV backbend. They will still play normally on the other KODI 16 boxes.

How I tried to view the movies:

Add videos > Brows > Network File System (NFS) > 192.168.1.80 > /mnt/media/videos

and it will not go any further, I am not able to see the directories which contain the files.

What I have done:
Checked that NFS is running correctly.
On the MythTV back-end checked the file and directory permissions and ownerships.
On the Android TV installed the KODI 17 RC3 and tried the latest daily build.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thread moved to the MythTV section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This issue isn't related with the pvr addon. Addon provides features to handle live stream, schedules and recorded stream. All others media as music and video are not handle by the pvr addon.

To play those media you have to add a video source in the section "Video" of kodi: It could be samba share or upnp.

Sorry but you are in the bad thread to resolve this issue.
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-25, 22:15)TimLockyer Wrote: Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Similar issue here; Ubuntu 16.04, AMD hardware, Mythtv Backend 0.28. - however it is only affecting live TV. Recordings play OK although ad skipping doesn't work any more.

The log is not telling much except VAAP-"filtering not supported".

I'll stick with Jarvis until they sort this out.
FYI, the Mythtv PVR (Kodi 17) is working OK on windows/ kodi hooked up to the same Ubuntu Server/ Mythtv-backend mentioned above.
And yet you haven't actually given us the link to your debug log on a paste site.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-19, 04:57)nickr Wrote: And yet you haven't actually given us the link to your debug log on a paste site.

I'm not the OP.
(2017-02-19, 07:57)waddacrock Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 04:57)nickr Wrote: And yet you haven't actually given us the link to your debug log on a paste site.

I'm not the OP.

But you have a issue. Issue won't get fixed unless you provide the info that has been requested.
(2017-02-19, 08:17)teeedubb Wrote: But you have a issue.

No, I don't. I'm aware of it and I feel for the OP.

Quote:Issue won't get fixed unless you provide the info that has been requested.

I'll resist giving my opinions about pastebin.com.

BUt here's what just happened:

1- deleted the existing log so I could obtain a fresh, as small as possible log file.
2- turned on debug
3- went through the motions to show the lack of video when streaming live TV
4- put the log into pastebin
5- "FAIL" - you exceeded the 512K limit. "You need a PRO account".<rant> NO, I bloody don't. Others need to wean themselves off pastebin</rant>

So, I cannot provide a clean debug session log through the preferred medium.

Nevertheless, if someone wants the log from a Ubuntu 16.04 kodi 17 client attempting to access live tv on a Ubuntu 16.04 server/Mythtv 0.28 backend, here it is:

Hope someone fixes this for the OP.
(2017-02-19, 08:50)waddacrock Wrote:

Huh??

(2017-02-19, 04:38)waddacrock Wrote:

Similar issue here; Ubuntu 16.04, AMD hardware, Mythtv Backend 0.28. - however it is only affecting live TV. Recordings play OK although ad skipping doesn't work any more.

The log is not telling much except VAAP-"filtering not supported".

I'll stick with Jarvis until they sort this out.

Goto Kodi > System > Player > Videos

Turn off "Allow Hardware Accelleration - VAAPI"

That renders LiveTV on my Ubuntu/ kodi boxes, although it is making the Kodi interface sluggish.
(2017-02-19, 08:50)waddacrock Wrote:

Quote:Issue won't get fixed unless you provide the info that has been requested.

I'll resist giving my opinions about pastebin.com.

BUt here's what just happened:

1- deleted the existing log so I could obtain a fresh, as small as possible log file.
2- turned on debug
5- "FAIL" - you exceeded the 512K limit. "You need a PRO account".<rant> NO, I bloody don't. Others need to wean themselves off pastebin</rant>

So, I cannot provide a clean debug session log through the preferred medium.

Nevertheless, if someone wants the log from a Ubuntu 16.04 kodi 17 client attempting to access live tv on a Ubuntu 16.04 server/Mythtv 0.28 backend, here it is:

Hope someone fixes this for the OP.

Why dont you use pastebinit? Never had a problem with that. Although I use it on the Pi3 it seems available for Ubuntu. I understand if you dont like pastebin if you do it the hard way.
(2017-02-19, 08:50)waddacrock Wrote: BUt here's what just happened:

2- turned on debug

some thoughts on your trouble posting a log...
-did you forget step 2b...reboot or restart kodi? (step 1 is not necessary if you do this, so I suspect you aren't doing this)
-how big is your log?
-what log file are you trying to upload? kodi.log? something else?
-do you have component specific logging enabled for many sub-components in Settings? this can make logs large.
-what you posted above is not a debug log:
"16:48:22.855 T:140416898992512 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0."

also, you are having a different issue than the OP. You have issues with Live TV. The OP has issues with accessing sources.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video not playing from MythTV Back-end KODI 170