Lost config upgrading kodi from 17b6 to 17rc3, cant restore backup.
Having this weird issue, on my ipad 3 ios 9.3.5 NOT jailbroken, i had kodi 17 beta 6 installed, sideloaded with Cydia Impactor, with few addons on it, working pretty well beside the issue of having to sideload it every week.
So yesterday i decide to upgrade it to kodi 17 rc3, after the installation all my settings were gone, along with the addons and all the rest, like if it was a new installation.
So i installed the backup addon and tried to restore some backup i made few weeks ago, but the restore did nothing.
At this point i sideloaded the kodi version i had before, the 17 beta 6, and all my configs were there, same thing for the addons etc...
So i thought...ok im making another backup and see if i can restore that one after reinstalling rc3, but to no avail, the backup addon doesnt work anymore, getting error when launching "backup", i can access settigs for the backup addon but nothing else works. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the backup addon, same problems.

From the log i dont see anything helpful but i dont know how to actually retrieve the log, being the ipad not jailbroken so i cant access the file (maybe it's possible with some addon), before going further i decided to make this thread to see what could be the issue where i lose all the settings.
Grab the log via itunes file sharing and post it to pastebin.com and put the link to it in here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost config upgrading kodi from 17b6 to 17rc3, cant restore backup.0