v17 AutoStart Kodi (Windows 10) without Launcher4Kodi?
(2017-07-21, 04:20)jp2code Wrote: Now, the question remains: Where is Kodi 17.3?
The obvious answer is to search your PC for Kodi.exe & see what turns up. It sounds like you chose to install it to different directory as ordinarily it would just install over the top.

I just had a thought, did you install the Windows Store version? That would explain why it's installed in a different location.
Yes, I did a search using the text "kodi" on the C drive. All references were either in "Program Files (x86)" or "AppData\Local".

Also, I accepted the defaults when I installed, but it was about 6 months ago when I did this. I went to the Kodi download page, clicked the download.

Today, I see it gives you the option of Windows Store, 32-bit, or 64-bit. I do not think it gave me the option when I installed. I remember the installer being different, so my guess is Windows Store version. I figured that's just what Kodi turned into. ...and I installed using the defaults.
You probably have the Windows Store version then, but without the exact paths it's impossible to say.
hello all

i did what what was posted by @MadScientist and it worked. the only issue i see (and this was stated in the post) that explorer.exe must be added manually.

After a month of using this i come to realize that i do need explorer also to run. 

Is there a way to undo this configuration (i found a better way to do this)

just put kodi in the shellConfusedtartmenu

thank you for your assistance
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2022-01-27, 09:57)BikerDude Wrote: hello all

i did what what was posted by @MadScientist and it worked. the only issue i see (and this was stated in the post) that explorer.exe must be added manually.

After a month of using this i come to realize that i do need explorer also to run. 

Is there a way to undo this configuration (i found a better way to do this)

just put kodi in the shellConfusedtartmenu

thank you for your assistance
hello all this has been solved by undoing what i had done. Thank you just the samew
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AutoStart Kodi (Windows 10) without Launcher4Kodi?1