Solved Rdp session will freeze Videoplayer
I use Windows 10 pro with rdpwrapper to allow a second logon under a different account for management purposes. In Jarvis this worked as it should.

In Krypton, if Videoplayer is active (playing a movie, series or live TV) it will completely freeze immediately after logging in through RDP and Kodi has to be killed/restarted to recover. This is reproducable every time. With Videoplayer stopped there's no freeze.

Is this known and looked into, should i create a ticket..?
please provide a Debug Log.
Thanks afedchin.
As i understand it this is not being looked at, yet.

i have rolled back for now, but i will install the latest Krypton if i get some free time and provide a debug.
I have installed the latest nightly, reproduced the problem and uploaded the debug logs:

log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23874514

And since it freezes:

oldlog: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23874522

Hope it helps resolve the issue, and thanks for looking into it!

Atreyu
I have the same problem, but nothing needs to be playing for it to freeze. I'm running Kodi 16.1 on a non-admin user on a Windows Server 2016 machine.
If I RDP to the admin account (the user running Kodi does not have RDP), Kodi freezes and needs to be killed via task manager and started again.

I can reproduce the error and post the debut log later tonight if needed.
(2017-01-27, 14:45)Atreyu Wrote: Hope it helps resolve the issue, and thanks for looking into it!
looks like it freezes because cannot output audio. Do you have remote audio enabled?
(2017-01-27, 17:08)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 14:45)Atreyu Wrote: Hope it helps resolve the issue, and thanks for looking into it!
looks like it freezes because cannot output audio. Do you have remote audio enabled?

Yes, the same as in Jarvis.
Disabling Remote Audio solves it, and since i don't need audio on the local or remote host i will keep it disabled.

Cannot believe i missed that, and thanks a lot!
(2017-01-27, 18:56)Atreyu Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 17:08)afedchin Wrote:

Yes, the same as in Jarvis.
Disabling Remote Audio solves it, and since i don't need audio on the local or remote host i will keep it disabled.

Cannot believe i missed that, and thanks a lot!

By Remote Audio you mean in the RDP client? Might help me as well.
Yes, worth checking. That shouldn't interfere when playing no audio, though.
(2017-01-27, 19:00)Atreyu Wrote: Yes, worth checking. That shouldn't interfere when playing no audio, though.

I will try it out, otherwise I'll fix a debug log. Thanks.
I have the same problem. Running Windows 8.1 Enterprise. When I make a Remote Desktop login (rdpwrapper or termsrvpatch) then Kodi Krypton freezes if it's playing a video. There were no such problem with Jarvis. Disabling Remote Audio does NOT fix the problem!

Here's the debug log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24397120/
The freeze occurs around 01:03.

RDP shadowing session that's running Kodi will unfreeze it immediately. Also, some 5 minutes after getting stuck, Kodi will start to respond to the keyboard and mouse input.
Update: I've been able to resolve the issue by disabling "Use fullscreen window" setting (System settings - Display).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rdp session will freeze Videoplayer0