• 2(current)
[Android] U5PVR Hybrid 4K UHD Broadcast Tuner Set-Top (2017) - UPDATED: 17/05/09
Great news! So waiting for first tests of this box. If everything will be ok I and few my friends will buy new u5pvr with 2xdvb-s2 tuner :-)
Regards
To cut through the Hype going on here:

Q. How is Scheduling to Record programs handled in Android TV - Live Channels ?

Q. How can a user view Recorded Programs in the Android TV - Live Channels App ?

Q. Are there smart recording features implemented in the Live Channels App ?

Q. Series recoding ?

Q. What about timeshifting and catchup ?

Q. How is OTA EPG EIT data handled, do users get a full 7 days worth of EPG data ?

Q. Where is the Easy to use EPG Grid View, in your custom Tuner App ?

Q. Can I schedule a recording from the EPG Grid view in the Live Channels App ?

These are all standard DVR/PVR features, which free Linux and Windows PVR server programs have had for quite a while now.
Without them being implemented in Android TV, you just have an expensive OTA Live TV streamer which is what I'm seeing at the moment.

(2017-01-31, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote: To cut through the Hype going on here:

We are very pleased to be able to explain the technical issues of U5PVR through your good questions.

1. U5PVR is basically based on ATV OS 5.x, and has built-in TVHeadend Server.
It has two physical broadcast tuners and a Smart card reader.
(Enigma OS includes a separate function, so I will exclude it.)

2. U5PVR is able to perform tuner setup, broadcast playback, Grid Style EPG
and PVR (1tuner playback, 1tuner recording) based on eON launcher (TVHeadend connection UI).

3. Based on this,
ATV Live Channel and TVHeadend Server information are connected using TV Headend Live Channels APK (Open Source).

https://plus.google.com/communities/1027...1784371187

U5PVR can only use the functions supported by the TV Headend Live Channels APK.
- TV Headend Live Channels APK supports only broadcast playback and Grid Style EPG.
- TV Headend Live Channels APK will support PVR function in the future.
- TV Headend Live Channels Video playback with APK is played back in conjunction with the U5PVR built-in video player.
(4K HW Decoding support OK)

===============================

==> No. Recording of U5PVR is possible only on eON launcher base.

Q. How can a user view Recorded Programs in the Android TV - Live Channels App ?
==> Yes. Recorded broadcasts can be selected and played in the Live Channels App.

==> Please explain about smart recording features

Q. Series recoding ?
==>

==> Supports timeshifting.

Q. How is OTA EPG EIT data handled, do users get a full 7 days worth of EPG data ?
==> When the U5PVR's physical tuner can receive broadcasts,
it will parse the broadcast EPG signal and store the parsed EPG data.
The EPG data is depending on the broadcasting company in each country.
Alternatively, you can add by connecting it to a separate EPG server.

==> You can view EPG Grid View from ATV Live Channel APP or eON launcher.

==> You can set schedule recording in EPG Grid View of eON Launcher.
You can access U5PVR from external network and support schedule recording (TVHeadend Server control) using smartphone app.

These are all standard DVR/PVR features, which free Linux and Windows PVR server programs have had for quite a while now.
Without them being implemented in Android TV, you just have an expensive OTA Live TV streamer which is what I'm seeing at the moment.
==> We fully agree with your opinion.

However, there are differences between the U5PVR and a general tuner set-top.
The U5PVR supports a complete broadcast-ready Smart card reader (DVB-S2).
The U5PVR is a set-top level product for commercial 4K satellite broadcasting tuners.

Thank you. Smile
So no seamless Recording is able to be selected in Android Live Channels, EPG Grid View.
The nVIDIA Shield and Nougat are promising exactly this I believe.

Smart recording is based on Keywords or phrases found in the EPG data to Auto schedule recordings.
Day of the week can be selected, excluded, tweaked with as well. Duplicate programs can be excluded from Recording.

All these smart features are already implemented in the TvHeadend Server and Kodi Client, but I'm asking specifically about Android Live Channels so users do not have to keep flip flopping between different Apps ?

Q. Series recoding ?
==> Exactly what it means. Series recording of a TV Series based on EPG data.

Dear All.

Here I release U5 PVR Spec and photo of U5 PVR box.

I will explain all features step by step.

1. HW Spec.

2. Photos of U5 PVR

We will upload some Demo movie of each features on youtube step by step.

Thank you for your interest.
Dear Eddy, Thanks for your explanation

Here I explain again about "wrxtasy" question.

==> We will support own DVB Live TV Channel App what U4/U5 team made.
We will support Recording feature based on Timer or EPG based.

==> You can watch again recorded file on normal Media play or own Media play on Live TV App.

==> We are not clear what is smart recording feature exactly. We need to get more description about this feature.

Q. Series recoding ?
==>There is Timer feature on own Live TV app. So you record by Weekly. day, Monthly.
If you can get Weekly EPG from your own grabber, then it can support on TVH server.
U4/U5 box has optimized TVH 3.6 server inside.

Check below demo.
https://youtu.be/yRJaDBc-l7I

==> Timeshift feature is already working on U5 PVR Live TV APP.
Check below demo.
https://youtu.be/SPvGzG4h4lU

==>We should revise this feature on LIVE TV APP. But basic feature is already inside on optimized TVH on U5 PVR box.

==> U5 PVR lready had Grid EPG on Live TV App.
Check below demo.
https://youtu.be/OHzlfQaYUYM

==> Sure, you can do on U5 PVR LIVE TV App.
Check below demo.
https://youtu.be/OHzlfQaYUYM

==> Yes, U5 PVR had most of PVR feature include Timeshift feature.
Check below demo.
https://youtu.be/oHNHw9jf6mo
Hello,
About the DVB-S2 twin Version,from which company are tuner and demodulator-chip?
Hopefully not availink.....Silicon Labs Si21662-D60 as demod would be awesome,because
it can handle new DVB-S2X standard and things like Multistream/ISSY,PLS and VCM.
(2017-01-31, 05:58)wrxtasy Wrote: Q. How is Scheduling to Record programs handled in Android TV - Live Channels ?
So no seamless Recording is able to be selected in Android Live Channels, EPG Grid View.
The nVIDIA Shield and Nougat are promising exactly this I believe.

Smart recording is based on Keywords or phrases found in the EPG data to Auto schedule recordings.
Day of the week can be selected, excluded, tweaked with as well. Duplicate programs can be excluded from Recording.

All these smart features are already implemented in the TvHeadend Server and Kodi Client, but I'm asking specifically about Android Live Channels so users do not have to keep flip flopping between different Apps ?
Yes, you are right, but you can use this feature via web client after accessging TVH server on U5 PVR but Live App on U5 PVR, it is not support yet.
Q. Series recoding ?
==> Exactly what it means. Series recording of a TV Series based on EPG data.
(2017-01-31, 09:07)nolipa Wrote: Hello,
About the DVB-S2 twin Version,from which company are tuner and demodulator-chip?
Hopefully not availink.....Silicon Labs Si21662-D60 as demod would be awesome,because
it can handle new DVB-S2X standard and things like Multistream/ISSY,PLS and VCM.

Tuner IC : Avlink AV2012
Demod IC : Hi3136.
Thanks for you information but what recommended by you, We will check that Demod IC later.
(2017-01-31, 09:20)U5team Wrote:

Thanks for you information but what recommended by you, We will check that Demod IC later.
Thanks for the infos....
Yeah,it is new,but first e2-stb with plug-in tuner from Octagon ,which use this demod is on european market now.
...and others like Dream Property will follow with a triple combo-tuner version upcoming next time.
Only to explain what is "so" special with this demod chip,see some of the youtube-videos for "octagon sf 4008".
(2017-01-31, 09:55)nolipa Wrote:
(2017-01-31, 09:20)U5team Wrote:

Thanks for the infos....
Yeah,it is new,but first e2-stb with plug-in tuner from Octagon ,which use this demod is on european market now.
...and others like Dream Property will follow with a triple combo-tuner version upcoming next time.
Only to explain what is "so" special with this demod chip,see some of the youtube-videos for "octagon sf 4008".

Dear.
we will consider to design this tuner module for future but not very soon.
Anyway, We will keep to check this demod.
Thanks again.
The rally weird thing I find is that Kodi is not explicitly mentioned once.

SO what is your reason for posting here.

And no marketing hyperbole please. Just facts.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-31, 10:32)nickr Wrote: The rally weird thing I find is that Kodi is not explicitly mentioned once.

Hi, nickr.

Thank you for your feedback.

Because U5PVR is an Android set-top box, Kodi is a very important application.

Since this product has not been released yet, I did not think there are any Kodi related questions.

The U5PVR has a built-in TVHeadend Server that allows Kodi + TVHeadend add-on to 127.0.0.1
It can be set.
By using Kodi, it is possible to watch tuner broadcasting and IPTV broadcasting at the same time,
Recording settings are also available.

The Live Channel App is great, but its application range is less than Kodi functionality.

I have been explaining the various product functions of U5PVR,
and I understand that there is no explanation about Kodi without a description.
Can't wait when this box will be available. Looks really good. We will see how it works soon :-)
(2017-01-31, 10:32)nickr Wrote: The rally weird thing I find is that Kodi is not explicitly mentioned once.

Dear Nickr.

Here we would like to show reason why U5 PVR should be used for KODI.
We don't want to make a marketing on this forum.
We studied KODI over long time. and our team made XBMC with DVB-S tuner on 3 years ago.
But we realized that KODI team updated very often for their media platform, so gave up to follow up XBMC project with tuners.

We hope U5 PVR can be good solution as 4K media box and as normal Tuner box with Android Solution.
Anyway, what EddyLab mentioned about some technical point like Linux platform as several server solution and E2,
these are projects what we are doing exactly.

If we can get all good results after trying projects what we tried, we should not be engineer ^ ^. we will try even if there is no result.
Here I leave Live TV demo-movie on Kodi.

https://youtu.be/Hrve1WrwI0k

We hope that can be helpful that you can understand what U5 PVR can be used on KODI.

Thanks for your good advice ^ ^
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android] U5PVR Hybrid 4K UHD Broadcast Tuner Set-Top (2017) - UPDATED: 17/05/091