PC Games via Nvidia Shield
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forums and fairly new to Kodi and would love some information regarding a question that I have which I will detail below.

I have a Samsung 55" HD TV which I have an Nvidia Shield console connected to with Kodi installed on the the Nvidia Shield.

Today I have tried to play a PC game from my PC upstairs and stream it to the Shield downstairs via the GameStream app but it would not work because my Router is not the correct one or the streaming speed is not sufficient etc... however, my router is connected to the shield by an ethernet lead and is downstairs next to the TV and my PC is upstairs connected to the network via 'TP-Link' adaptors through the wall sockets and these boost the wifi connection.

My download speed is only about 35 mbps and even slower at my PC upstairs.

What I would like to know is.... can I connect an external HDD to the shield and run a PC game from that location directly from the shield without having to stream it?

For example... I would like to play Sniper Elite 3 from an external HDD and connect it to the Nvidia Shield via a USB cable and play it on my Samsung TV.

Does the Nvidia Shield have the correct software and graphics to run the game directly from the HDD?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Feel free to tell me I am an idiot if there is an easier way to achieve what I want to do lol

Thanks!

Johnny Bravo Smile
How is that question Kodi related? Ask on NVIDIA forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC Games via Nvidia Shield0