"Thumbails/Icons view" as default
How to do that?
Go to system ---->> settings ---->> interface ---->> skin ---->> configure skin ---->> add-on shortcuts

There you can choose which "thumbnails/icons view" to set as default.
(2017-01-28, 17:32)Blakztar Wrote: Go to system ---->> settings ---->> interface ---->> skin ---->> configure skin ---->> add-on shortcuts

There you can choose which "thumbnails/icons view" to set as default.

I followed your instruction, when I am in "addon shortcuts" I can only to choose what addon to have (in video, music, etc.) but I cannot change the view inside the addon or inside the skin.

Instead, when I run the addon, I can change the view to icons but It will be ONLY for one page of the addon, it is impossible to use for example in the YOUTUBE addon, I want to see it ONLY in icons not text!

Help
Is this what you mean

(2017-01-29, 19:55)Blakztar Wrote: Is this what you mean

Yes.

Once I was able to obtain that view inside the YT plugin.

Now they say that is not more possible because I am to use the skin (confluence in my case) to obtain that view.

I can change the view into icons (left of interface) only for ONE PAGE AT TIME but I want to browse into the YT plugin for EVERY PAGE in icons, I cannot change to ICONS in every page... I cannot use the YT plugin from the sofa in such way!

So I ask if can can make ALL KODI to be viewed in ICONS interface.

I'd prefer to have only that YT plugin in ICON and the rest of KODI in normal text but if it's impossible now (why you did thatHuh), at least I'd like to have ALL KODI in ICONS.

Please help
As far as I know it is not yet possible to do that the way you want it.
You can edit the default view for the video addons to thumbnails but that sets everything to it and not only yotube.
I did it myself by opening the youtube plugin and clicked every section from the main menu and change it to thumbnail view and that sticks and every section under that seemed to have the thumbnail view after that and if not I set it manually for that section.

Probably if you contact the developer of the youtube addon and ask him/her to implement this function they can build this functionality in my eyes this would be a great and welcome update.
(2017-02-01, 21:48)Blakztar Wrote: I did it myself by opening the youtube plugin and clicked every section from the main menu and change it to thumbnail view and that sticks and every section under that seemed to have the thumbnail view after that and if not I set it manually for that section.

This is what is necessary to do.

(2017-02-01, 21:48)Blakztar Wrote: Probably if you contact the developer of the youtube addon and ask him/her to implement this function they can build this functionality in my eyes this would be a great and welcome update.

Im sorry but this is an incorrect suggestion. Per Team Kodi policy Addons are no longer allowed to set views. Skins must set views.

There is a very detailed explanation in the FAQ of the YouTube Official thread here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Good to know I was not aware of this, so the best way would be to ask the skin developer(s) to build this functionality is this what you are trying to say ?

I myself do not need it per se as I already set all sections the way I want but of course more control options to set things as wanted are always welcome.
(2017-02-01, 21:48)Blakztar Wrote: You can edit the default view for the video addons to thumbnails but that sets everything to it and not only yotube.

But for me even that will be to solve my issue!

But please show me step by step how!!!

To me it's impossible!
Most go to my work now but once I am there I will post my way of doing it
Sorry for the delay.

If you are on linux changes are made in the following file

~/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/MyVideoNav.xml

If you are on windows changes are made in the following file

%AppData%\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\MyVideoNav.xml

Change it to reflect the following picture the 3th and 5th line are the important ones changed the default 50 to 501.
You probably saw it yourself already but starting from line 11 the numbers are explained.

In my:

\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

I don't have any "skin" folder at all. :-(
Maybe you have the skin folder in another place and you have to search for it, otherwise I do not know how to help you further.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Thumbails/Icons view" as default0