An announcement on the future of reFocus (updated)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
reFocus has been my default skin on Kodi installs since I first found it. I simply can't find anything that feels and looks as good to me on the TV. Thanks Jeroen for all you hard work!
find quote
argos400 Offline
Ok I have upgraded to Kodi 17 & Updated Refocus to the Master.zip file from Jeroen's Github and
Again today after Jeroen update the master.zip today with the Slide view fix.

Everything works great except for the "Watched & Unwatched Indicators" I have Trakt installed and
and enable to my trakt account, I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it and reinstalling with no
Joy ....still not showing unwatched indicators.

Is this a current issue with this version or am I missing a setting in settings that enables this ... ?

Randal
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-06 01:43 by argos400.)
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-02-06 01:41)argos400 Wrote:  Ok I have upgraded to Kodi 17 & Updated Refocus to the Master.zip file from Jeroen's Github and

Everything works great except for the "Watched & Unwatched Indicators" I have Trakt installed and
and enable to my trakt account, I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it and reinstalling with no

Is this a current issue with this version or am I missing a setting in settings that enables this ... ?

Randal

Just did a quick test and they are working for me. Please check skin settings->views>disable now playing overlays. Note this windows has multiple selections.
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-02-05 23:31)robweber Wrote:  reFocus has been my default skin on Kodi installs since I first found it. I simply can't find anything that feels and looks as good to me on the TV. Thanks Jeroen for all you hard work!

Thanks rob for your support and cooperation on some great features Smile
find quote
argos400 Offline
(2017-02-06 07:50)Jeroen Wrote:  
(2017-02-06 01:41)argos400 Wrote:  Ok I have upgraded to Kodi 17 & Updated Refocus to the Master.zip file from Jeroen's Github and

Randal

Just did a quick test and they are working for me. Please check skin settings->views>disable now playing overlays. Note this windows has multiple selections.

Thank you Jeroen I totally missed that whole section everything is perfect now

Randal
find quote
pallisvans Offline
This has been my default skin now for many years and I really can't think using Kodi without it. Thousand thanks for all your hard work Jeroen! Smile
find quote
argos400 Offline
Jeroen

One question on the current version of the Master Branch for Kodi 17 I have been Using it for almost 2 weeks and it is Awesssoommee 😎 But I have notice when selecting a Widget that there is no OSD for working .... like Refocus for 16.1 is this by design or will it be corrected when you release the Krypton final of Refocus?

Just thought I would mention it before your mind is so engrossed with your new skin "Grid" which I personally can't wait to take for a spin ( Alpha or Beta )
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-17 05:12 by argos400.)
find quote
darkdisaster Offline
Hello Jeroen,

I made this account real quick - just to say thank you for the beautifull and awesome work you have put in this skin.
Only skin I use. For me kodi = reFocus
Keep it up!

THANK YOU!
You rock!
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-02-06 16:16)argos400 Wrote:  Thank you Jeroen I totally missed that whole section everything is perfect now

Randal
Good to hear you have it working Smile

(2017-02-06 19:04)pallisvans Wrote:  This has been my default skin now for many years and I really can't think using Kodi without it. Thousand thanks for all your hard work Jeroen! Smile
Cheers, it's appreciated Smile

(2017-02-17 05:12)argos400 Wrote:  Jeroen

One question on the current version of the Master Branch for Kodi 17 I have been Using it for almost 2 weeks and it is Awesssoommee 😎 But I have notice when selecting a Widget that there is no OSD for working .... like Refocus for 16.1 is this by design or will it be corrected when you release the Krypton final of Refocus?
Not sure, do you mean when a widget's content is updating?

Quote:Just thought I would mention it before your mind is so engrossed with your new skin "Grid" which I personally can't wait to take for a spin ( Alpha or Beta )
Can't wait to get it out Smile More on that not too far from now Smile

[Image: I1BdWDY.png]

(2017-02-17 16:19)darkdisaster Wrote:  Hello Jeroen,

I made this account real quick - just to say thank you for the beautifull and awesome work you have put in this skin.
Only skin I use. For me kodi = reFocus
Keep it up!

THANK YOU!
You rock!
Glad you like it, thanks Smile
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-19 19:59 by Jeroen.)
find quote
Kolabor Offline
(2017-02-19 11:33)Jeroen Wrote:  Can't wait to get it out Smile More on that not too far from now Smile

Jeroen, I'll be translating Grid to Polish. If there is a way to upload English strings to Transifex before releasing alpha/beta/whatever version – I'll be glad to translate it Smile
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-02-20 19:52)Kolabor Wrote:  
(2017-02-19 11:33)Jeroen Wrote:  Can't wait to get it out Smile More on that not too far from now Smile

Jeroen, I'll be translating Grid to Polish. If there is a way to upload English strings to Transifex before releasing alpha/beta/whatever version – I'll be glad to translate it Smile

Well, thanks to you and other contributors many of the strings originally translated for reFocus can be used for Grid too Smile So even though there will be some new and / or changed strings, I suspect most of the work has already been done Smile

I could upload the strings, but at this stage I would hate to see you waste your time on things that will change or be removed later Smile

Just to be clear, Grid is not ready for beta release yet. A lot still has to be ironed out, but if it keeps going the way it has been we're talking about weeks rather than months. I will be taking a different approach with regards to beta releases though. But I plan to make an announcement about that soon Smile

For now though, I feel a moral obligation to get the Krypton release of reFocus up to snuff.
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-21 00:21 by Jeroen.)
find quote
CAaronL Offline
Are there any hints anyone has about getting reFocus for Krypton working? The problem I'm having is that the main menu is just an empty blue screen with the Kodi logo in the background, with no way to navigate anywhere else. I can press the "TV" or "Movie" buttons on my remote control, and go to those corresponding sections, but I don't know how to get anywhere else.

[Image: all-clearlogo.jpg]
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-03-08 05:22)CAaronL Wrote:  Are there any hints anyone has about getting reFocus for Krypton working? The problem I'm having is that the main menu is just an empty blue screen with the Kodi logo in the background, with no way to navigate anywhere else. I can press the "TV" or "Movie" buttons on my remote control, and go to those corresponding sections, but I don't know how to get anywhere else.

Can you update from Git and see if that makes a diference?
find quote
argos400 Offline
Jeroen

Not sure if this is a glitch with Refocus or it's just the Weather add-on ( Yahoo or Extended Open weather)...
But when ever I start up the weather add-on takes forever to load ( probably on average 1- 2 mins when it does)
And sometimes it doesn't and to resolve the issue I go into the weather and click on refresh until it loads, if refresh doesn't work I switch weather add-ons to correct it.

Now I know what your thinking it's just the weather who cares if it doesn't load but when it doesn't half my widgets do not load. When I start Kodi I leave it until the weather Icon displays the weather on the home screen and I know the widgets have loaded. If I start to use it before only half the widgets will ever load and the weather will not load at all, it's seems like the addon is causing something to hang on startup and sometimes it resolves it's self.
This happen with Kodi 16 & Kodi 17 , I could not use the weather but I like the weather option
Randal
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
I have updated the announcement in the first post.
find quote