An announcement on the future of reFocus (updated)
Ok I have upgraded to Kodi 17 & Updated Refocus to the Master.zip file from Jeroen's Github and
Again today after Jeroen update the master.zip today with the Slide view fix.

Everything works great except for the "Watched & Unwatched Indicators" I have Trakt installed and
and enable to my trakt account, I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it and reinstalling with no
Joy ....still not showing unwatched indicators.

Is this a current issue with this version or am I missing a setting in settings that enables this ... ?

Randal
(2017-02-06, 01:41)argos400 Wrote: Ok I have upgraded to Kodi 17 & Updated Refocus to the Master.zip file from Jeroen's Github and
Again today after Jeroen update the master.zip today with the Slide view fix.

Everything works great except for the "Watched & Unwatched Indicators" I have Trakt installed and
and enable to my trakt account, I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it and reinstalling with no
Joy ....still not showing unwatched indicators.

Is this a current issue with this version or am I missing a setting in settings that enables this ... ?

Randal

Just did a quick test and they are working for me. Please check skin settings->views>disable now playing overlays. Note this windows has multiple selections.
(2017-02-05, 23:31)robweber Wrote: reFocus has been my default skin on Kodi installs since I first found it. I simply can't find anything that feels and looks as good to me on the TV. Thanks Jeroen for all you hard work!

Thanks rob for your support and cooperation on some great features Smile
This has been my default skin now for many years and I really can't think using Kodi without it. Thousand thanks for all your hard work Jeroen! Smile
Hello Jeroen,

I made this account real quick - just to say thank you for the beautifull and awesome work you have put in this skin.
Only skin I use. For me kodi = reFocus
Keep it up!

THANK YOU!
You rock!
(2017-02-19, 11:33)Jeroen Wrote: Can't wait to get it out Smile More on that not too far from now Smile

Jeroen, I'll be translating Grid to Polish. If there is a way to upload English strings to Transifex before releasing alpha/beta/whatever version – I'll be glad to translate it Smile
(2017-02-20, 19:52)Kolabor Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 11:33)Jeroen Wrote: Can't wait to get it out Smile More on that not too far from now Smile

Jeroen, I'll be translating Grid to Polish. If there is a way to upload English strings to Transifex before releasing alpha/beta/whatever version – I'll be glad to translate it Smile

Well, thanks to you and other contributors many of the strings originally translated for reFocus can be used for Grid too Smile So even though there will be some new and / or changed strings, I suspect most of the work has already been done Smile

I could upload the strings, but at this stage I would hate to see you waste your time on things that will change or be removed later Smile

Just to be clear, Grid is not ready for beta release yet. A lot still has to be ironed out, but if it keeps going the way it has been we're talking about weeks rather than months. I will be taking a different approach with regards to beta releases though. But I plan to make an announcement about that soon Smile

For now though, I feel a moral obligation to get the Krypton release of reFocus up to snuff.
Are there any hints anyone has about getting reFocus for Krypton working? The problem I'm having is that the main menu is just an empty blue screen with the Kodi logo in the background, with no way to navigate anywhere else. I can press the "TV" or "Movie" buttons on my remote control, and go to those corresponding sections, but I don't know how to get anywhere else.
(2017-03-08, 05:22)CAaronL Wrote: Are there any hints anyone has about getting reFocus for Krypton working? The problem I'm having is that the main menu is just an empty blue screen with the Kodi logo in the background, with no way to navigate anywhere else. I can press the "TV" or "Movie" buttons on my remote control, and go to those corresponding sections, but I don't know how to get anywhere else.

Can you update from Git and see if that makes a diference?
I have updated the announcement in the first post.
Well Jeroen, I think that reFocus served us very well for years. It's time for something new. Focus on the Grid and just forget about reFocus.
While I would love a Krypton-compatible version (I'm still staying back on older version of Kodi because I got used to reFocus so much) I understand the need to move on.

Thanks for the awesome skin!
Hi All,
I know ReFocus is really no longer the priority but unfortunately I got the wife/kids on board sometime ago with this theme and its going to be difficult to ween them back off.

Everything's working perfectly for me except for the watched/unwatched tags.... I see from previous posts the answer should be lying somewhere withing "skin settings->views>disable now playing overlays" Unfortunately though this doesn't seem to be doing anything for me.

Im assuming whatever setting this is though can be manually set in the settings.xml in the skin folder - could anyone tell me which setting it is so I could manually enable them?

Thanks in advanced & Cheers
As much as I've enjoyed using reFocus all this time I expect Grid to be just as great so hopefully it's only a small loss in the end.
(2017-02-21, 00:20)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 19:52)Kolabor Wrote:

Well, thanks to you and other contributors many of the strings originally translated for reFocus can be used for Grid too Smile So even though there will be some new and / or changed strings, I suspect most of the work has already been done Smile

I could upload the strings, but at this stage I would hate to see you waste your time on things that will change or be removed later Smile

So, just a heads up for anyone interested in providing translations for Grid, the strings are available on Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/refocus/grid/dashboard/

However, I currently do not advise to start translating just yet. Contrary to what I wrote in the post quoted above, I have made quite a lot of changes after all. And between now and a public release I expect more changes. Not necessarily changes or additions in the actual strings, but in the order / file structure.

You can of course join now and I'll make sure you get notified when I have finalised the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
An announcement on the future of reFocus (updated)1