commercial skipping (17 RC4(now also issues with final))
it looks like commercial skipping is completely broken now, even worse than before? is that everybody's experience? I were trying to work out why it seems to now skip to the wrong places and haven't had anything good happen.
on the local machine it seems to skip the the wrong place
on another remote machine I had Kodi freeze for a couple of minutes, perhaps related when running from the file explorer. it then eventual skipped to the wrong place
on the same remote machiene it did not seem to skip at all when using the recorded TV area (this is a mediaportal PVR so the .edl files shroud be available)
I think I read some other post vaguely related to having similar problems.

hopefully I can go back to 16, it seemed to work a lot better. there seems to be some much wrong with the commercial skipping I'm not sure where to start, need some logs? or do other people have the same issues?

is there a way to disable commercial skipping without having to delete each and every .edl file, it is currently worse than nothing

is there some sort of a message before it skips, I've seen something and I'm not sure what it is.
I use this as well.

I'm a bit surprised that this is broken because it seems like it would use the same code as manual skipping.

What exactly is it doing? I haven't installed 17
(2017-01-29, 14:11)mrkaras Wrote: it looks like commercial skipping is completely broken now

Yes, it's broken for me too. When it goes to commercial, the screen fades to black (or almost black), then Kodi appears to freeze for the length of time the commercials are airing, then it resumes again. In other words, if the commercial is two minutes long, Kodi freezes for two minutes then starts again after the commercial.

Kodi 17.0, compiled Feb 1, 2017
I'm also experiencing this. When you guys look at your EDL files, are they flagged with 3 (for commercial skip) at the end of each line, or another marker?
(2017-02-21, 04:46)Silver-Streak Wrote: I'm also experiencing this. When you guys look at your EDL files, are they flagged with 3 (for commercial skip) at the end of each line, or another marker?

Yes. 3 at the end of each line in the EDL file.
I were not getting the fade to black/freeze issue but I am now. It looks like my original issue may have been that I had .txt files and .edl files, perhaps it was trying to use both. It was working for me in RC4 (or wherever the last release candidate was) but now that I have upgraded to the final it has the issue kbaudi describes.I will test with edl files, but it doesn't sound like it fixes it
I can confirm that 17.1 RC1 fixes this issue (for me). Just went through numerous episodes that would freeze with 17.0 and they work fine in the current RC1 release.
I'm still having issues with the commercial skipping.

I'm running 17.1 RC1 Git:20170223-1a80820 on an Amazon Fire TV box.

The backend is running TV-Headend 4.0.9-13~g64fec81~xenial.

Regardless if I'm trying to watch a recording from the PVR plugin or directly through an SMB file share, it often gets to a commercial break and attempt to skip forward but then hang. Sometimes I can manually fast forward a short distance to get it going again. You can sometimes see the timer going back and forth by a second like it's caught in a loop.
I'm still experiencing commercial skipping problems on a Windows 10 anniversary edition platform running 17.1 GIT:20170223-1a80820. Commercial skipping works correctly sometimes, doesn't work other times, and freezes at still other times. Using manual skip to jump forward 10 seconds usually unlocks the machine from freezes. I'm using EDL files created by the latest contributor's version of ComSkip (nothing special about them). Video files are in .mkv containers encoded as MPEG4/AVC using x264.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
commercial skipping (17 RC4(now also issues with final))1