Official repo - missing addon
Hi guys!
Users have informed me (and I can confirm) that screensaver.digitalclock cannot be found in Kodi.
The last pull request was merged on Friday.

Any idea why it's missing?

I'd rather appreciate some feedback Smile
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
i suspect it's due to the xbmc.gui dependency you've added.
xbmc.gui 5.9.0 is only compatible with kodi isengard and as such, your addon is only available for isengard:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/isengard/s...italclock/

please create a new pull-request and remove both the xbmc.gui and the xbmc.addon dependencies,
those are generally not needed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-01-30, 11:10)ronie Wrote: i suspect it's due to the xbmc.gui dependency you've added.
xbmc.gui 5.9.0 is only compatible with kodi isengard and as such, your addon is only available for isengard:

please create a new pull-request and remove both the xbmc.gui and the xbmc.addon dependencies,

I'm an idiot...
Can I use [screensaver.digitalclock] 4.0.0 while creating a new pull request? (I used it with the previous one...)
Or should I change it?
nope, you'll need to bump the version.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-01-30, 11:37)ronie Wrote: nope, you'll need to bump the version.

Two more questions and I'm done, I promise!
1) If I want to maintain multiple branches, do they have to use the same version numbering or are they independent?
2) Are we allowed to revert a pull request or should we always just send a new pull request that fixes the issue?
1) multiple branches need different version numbers.
for instance, if you're using 4.x.x for isengard, then use 5.x.x for jarvis

2) nope, we can't revert pull requests. it's very likely that users of kodi isengard already installed your 4.0.0 version
and there's nothing we can do to retract that.
(2017-01-30, 12:13)ronie Wrote: 1) multiple branches need different version numbers.
for instance, if you're using 4.x.x for isengard, then use 5.x.x for jarvis

2) nope, we can't revert pull requests. it's very likely that users of kodi isengard already installed your 4.0.0 version
and there's nothing we can do to retract that.

Understood!
Thank you so much for all your help.
It's an absolute pleasure communicating with you, you're very patient and willing to help out.
(2017-01-30, 11:10)ronie Wrote: i suspect it's due to the xbmc.gui dependency you've added.

Has there ever been an attempt or thought of adding a version check into the addon.xml for better versioning support?

For example

<import addon="script.module.pil" kversion="17" version="1.1.7"/>

Or

<requires kversion=17>
<import addon="script.module.pil" version="1.1.7"/>
</requires>

And then anything without the version specified can be used in all kodi versions while the others are used in the specific versions provided? I know this would be a core change, but not sure if it has been attempted or not yet.
I don't see how that would help in any way
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-30, 15:18)Martijn Wrote: I don't see how that would help in any way

Then you would be able to point to specific imports for a version and not need to maintain different ones for different versions of kodi.
Since this user has support all the way back to isenguard it could be possible some newer libraries won't work on the oldversion while they may want newer ones for newer versions. Maybe I am misreading this issue specially, but I've seen any issues on here where dev failures came from unsupported libraries on specific versions.

In this specific case the user was told he would need to maintain 2 versions if this is what he wanted to do. I figured if some kind of option was provided in the addon.xml to define specific version needs as well as generic version needs it may be easier to support.

I know this would not help for previous versions, but I assume 17 won't be the last version given the speed I have seen with kodi advancing since I started using it a few years ago.
Was just a question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official repo - missing addon0