Youtube Addon Viewtypes
Hi there Jeroen, I'm not sure if you're aware but recent changes in the primary Youtube plugin (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160 info in the FAQ in the 3rd post) have caused limited viewtypes to be available to the addon, due to new policy enforcement allowing the skin to set viewtypes based on content. Just curious if there are plans to incorporate the Content Type changes to allow for the Big List, Slide and other default views to be used in the Youtube Plugin, as it currently is limited to tiles and List which make the layout of the Addon not the best. I'm hoping this is a simple fix as I see you're redirecting focus to your new skin which I can't wait to see, but until then it it would be nice to see ReFocus updated for the existing viewtypes in Addons, as the latest default skins are no match for yours in terms of usability and style.

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work on your skins Smile
(2017-02-02, 22:00)corrigannn Wrote: Hi there Jeroen, I'm not sure if you're aware but recent changes in the primary Youtube plugin (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160 info in the FAQ in the 3rd post) have caused limited viewtypes to be available to the addon, due to new policy enforcement allowing the skin to set viewtypes based on content. Just curious if there are plans to incorporate the Content Type changes to allow for the Big List, Slide and other default views to be used in the Youtube Plugin, as it currently is limited to tiles and List which make the layout of the Addon not the best. I'm hoping this is a simple fix as I see you're redirecting focus to your new skin which I can't wait to see, but until then it it would be nice to see ReFocus updated for the existing viewtypes in Addons, as the latest default skins are no match for yours in terms of usability and style.

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work on your skins Smile

Yeah, it was mentioned in the release thread as well. Cheers for bringing it up anyway though.

I'm afraid I don't suspect it to be a simple change though. With reFocus I originally made the decision to not have "unisex" views. Without going into too much detail this basically entails that the views are tailored to a specific content type (movies, episodes, etc). The predictability of what dimensions the art has for instance is what is key here. In the case of add-ons it was up to the add-on author to determine what content type (and therefore art type) the add-on should report to Kodi / the skin. Even then add-ons would get this wrong, but from a skinning perspective it made sense. It wasn't ideal (it will never be) but at least it was predictable.

Now, it is totally unpredictable. Slide view will look horrible in many add-ons for example. Big List and Thumbnails might be doable.

I am unsure at this point about how to go about this. The motivation to put in a lot of work for yet another Kodi revert isn't too big to be honest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Addon Viewtypes0