Req View Media Info 4 & Movie Sync between different locations
Lightbulb 
Hi,

Situation: I have a NAS (QNAP) where I store my movies & music. I have a MINIX NEO U1 media player, connected to my local network and my TV. Kodi is installed on the media player.
I have also a desktop with Kodi installed. And I also have a laptop with Kodi (when I am elsewhere for streaming, but this is another story that I still have to discover)
I would like to have 2 following features:

1. When I open a list of movies, I use as view: “Media Info”. I would like to enhance this view with following options:
- Extra info above the short contents: Writer & Runtime
- 2 buttons on the bottom: Cast & Trailer (when using Kodi on the media player, it is not handy to use the pop-up menu to go to ‘Movie Information’ to be able to watch a trailer)

2. Second feature: when I watched a movie using my desktop, then I would like to see on my TV (using Kodi on the media player) that this movie is marked as watched.
2. http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
(2017-02-03, 16:48)helta Wrote: 2. http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to use it, but it doesn't work :-(
I will retry later...

I only hoped that it was possible that kodi would save that extra info along with the other info in the folders of the movies. That way, every device (using Kodi) would have the same info.
(2017-02-07, 01:38)vdrpl Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 16:48)helta Wrote: 2. http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to use it, but it doesn't work :-(
I will retry later...

I only hoped that it was possible that kodi would save that extra info along with the other info in the folders of the movies. That way, every device (using Kodi) would have the same info.

If implemented correctly the MySQL will work flawlessly... I have been using it for over a year now. I have up to 5 devices running off of the one database. Secret is in the advanced user setting .xml

back to question 1... you have 2 options... first is change default setting to on select show info which would solve said issue 2 go to skin from and see if someone has already moded the skin your using or there always option 3 you can mod the skin your self then you can get the exact info you want exactly where you want it.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-02-07, 02:45)smitchell6879 Wrote: ...

If implemented correctly the MySQL will work flawlessly... I have been using it for over a year now. I have up to 5 devices running off of the one database. Secret is in the advanced user setting .xml

back to question 1... you have 2 options... first is change default setting to on select show info which would solve said issue 2 go to skin from and see if someone has already moded the skin your using or there always option 3 you can mod the skin your self then you can get the exact info you want exactly where you want it.

@smitchell6879: thanks for your reply.
- if I try with MySQL, and putting the 'advancedsettings.xml' in the userdata-folder, then the tab 'Movies' disappear (if I remove the 'advancedsettings.xml', then the 'Movies'-tab is back again). If I update the library, then nothing happens. I have defined the 'kodi'-user in MySQL, but the result is the same. When I check in MySQL, then no DB is created. I expect kodi will create a DB to store all the information?

- thanks for the tip on skins. I will look if I find the one I would like to have. I think modifying a skin is not yet an option :-)
To get Kodi to write to the MySQL you have to start with a clean install no sources... Add the advanced settings then restart Kodi and add you sources....It will not build a database from sources already added.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Smile 
(2017-02-08, 02:24)smitchell6879 Wrote: To get Kodi to write to the MySQL you have to start with a clean install no sources... Add the advanced settings then restart Kodi and add you sources....It will not build a database from sources already added.

@smitchell6879: it still didn't work.

I searched for more information, and found someone with a similar problem, who checked the kodi.log.
I also checked the kodi.log, and found following information:
Quote:...
22:38:43 T:5024 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [1130](Host 'DESKTOP01' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server)
22:38:43 T:5024 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic55 [1130](Host 'DESKTOP01' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server)
22:38:43 T:5024 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic54 [1130](Host 'DESKTOP01' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server)
22:38:43 T:5024 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic53 [1130](Host 'DESKTOP01' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server)

I created a new user (kodi), but this time not 'localhost' as Host, but 'DESKTOP01' as Host. And this seems working! :-)
I am afraid I will have to create a 'kodi' user for each device that uses the same data-base.

Maybe this information can help other users.

And now remains the search for a skin where I have the list, and buttons on the right to go for the trailer ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View Media Info 4 & Movie Sync between different locations0